Adding a food allergy..

kasey1988

Original Poster
So I just called disney dining in attempt to add my coconut allergy to my reservation. This has never been an issue the past two trips.

But I was informed by the cast member that she would not add it because it is against a health privacy law, and where it is not a "common allergy" she could not do it.
I explained it had been done in the past, just noted allergy, and the waiter would see this when I checked in and have the chef come out and speak to me. She said I would be able to tell the sever myself, and there's no difference if I did it or she typed it in.
Now I had just added this to my disney cruise line reservation minutes before and to wdw dining in the past with no issues, she informed me those cast members were violating the law..

Is this a new policy? Or should I just call back later and get someone else?

HouCuseChickie

Contact Special Diets...

Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com

They tend to specialize in allergies that don't fall under the common allergies you can note on your dining reservations. This is their criteria for being willing to work with guests...

• Allergy or intolerance not listed above under common food allergies
  • Phenylketonuria (PKU)
  • Metabolic disorders
  • A single guest with multiple allergies/intolerances or multiple guests with allergies/intolerances within the same party

The last bullet is usually 4 or more allergies, but I think yours is covered under the first bullet.

mom2of2

you don't have to call or email anyone for your allergy. When you check in at the podium of the restaurant let the greeter know you have an allergy. They will stamp or circle the allergy on your seating card. When your server greets you, mention it again. Don't rely on a phone call or email. Tell the restaurant and server

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
you don't have to call or email anyone for your allergy. When you check in at the podium of the restaurant let the greeter know you have an allergy. They will stamp or circle the allergy on your seating card. When your server greets you, mention it again. Don't rely on a phone call or email. Tell the restaurant and server
This^^^

dreamfinder

As @mom2of2 said, you don't need to note anything in advance. Noting allergy on the reservation just helps to increase the odds that it gets remembered. (Depends on how automatic it is for you to tell it at restaurants) It is however key for restaurants that may not stock a full kitchen. For instance, I believe Hoop Dee Doo Review is a very slimmed down pantry, so marking it in advance (as well as checking with special diets) helps to ensure they have food available that you can eat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom