Active x

Jajo

Original Poster
When I click on my WDWMagic icon I get a box that tells me to click "OK" to run Active X. When I do that it asks if I want to send an Error Report. Then the window closes. Usually if I repeat, it will work the 2nd time. I'm only having this problem with WDWMagic. Any ideas?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Are you using IE or Firefox as your browser? Have you updated your OS recently? Have you updated Windows recently?

Answers will help...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hey, you're not all that far behind. They haven't released XP's successor yet :lol:

Have you set XP to automatically download required updates? Or have you manually checked for updates and patches since upgrading? Sometimes there are newer versions of various portions of Windows that are needed for apps using ActiveX to run cleanly. You could also check that you have the latest version of your browser.

It's not easy to tell exactly what would cause the fault you've described, hopefully some of the above might help.

blazerblvd

ogryn said:
If it's ActiveX related then it'll be IE. No other browsers support it (officially).

That is true. Microsoft released a "downgrade" patch due to a lawsuit regarding Active-X controls that they lost. Now you have to click on them for them to work...it is such a pain...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
blazerblvd said:
That is true. Microsoft released a "downgrade" patch due to a lawsuit regarding Active-X controls that they lost. Now you have to click on them for them to work...it is such a pain...

I LOVE this patch. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it works great.

It basically prevents crap code you dont want to run... from running. :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom