Accident on Pirates

cw1982

All I can say is:

Theres a reason why 1.) They want you to keep your hands and arms inside at all times, and 2.) You seat your kids on the INSIDE (this incident apparently involved a child)

I can't say for sure either way, but speculation leads me to think that the child would have had to have been leaning pretty far out of the boat or have pretty long arms in order for little fingers to go deep enough in the water for this to happen. Sounds like there may be more to this story (if it's indeed true).

NowInc

Original Poster
I can't say for sure either way, but speculation leads me to think that the child would have had to have been leaning pretty far out of the boat or have pretty long arms in order for little fingers to go deep enough in the water for this to happen. Sounds like there may be more to this story (if it's indeed true).

The ride being closed this whole time would indicate that if true, that there is an investigation going on to explain exactly how it occurred.

cw1982

The ride being closed this whole time would indicate that if true, that there is an investigation going on to explain exactly how it occurred.

As there should be. I'm just saying it doesn't really add up, at least with the little information in this thread.

backinaction

He or she will probably end up taking disney to court and winning(only in america) . on a side note, does anyone have a source for this info? is it all hearsay at this point?

cw1982

He or she will probably end up taking disney to court and winning(only in america) . on a side note, does anyone have a source for this info? is it all hearsay at this point?

At this point, it's completely hearsay. I too just Googled it, and the most recent information I can find on any accident involving Pirates of the Caribbean is dated October of 2013.

I guess we'll all know soon enough.

NowInc

Original Poster

My only source on this is someone working there...but as for their reliability on THIS issue, I can't 100% confirm it, and thus why I asked if anyone else had any news.

stevehousse

I remeber this exact scenario played out at my local six flags. A guy had his hand testing outside of the cart and as it pulled into the station his hand got wedged between the car and the station platform entrance! Ouch!

seahawk7

Maybe someone dropped something in the water. Its my understanding that Disney pays close attention to if anyone drops something out of any ride vehicle and immediately shuts the ride down to be thoroughly cleaned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom