Accident at WDW kills CM

c77

Hello,

First of all, I’m from Brazil, so excuse my poor English.

I traveled, with my family, to WDW last February, our first day was exactly Feb 11th and we were in the MK waiting for the SADCT parade, sitting next to The Hall Of The Presidents, when this sad accident happened. By that time, there were some dark clouds in the sky, the first thing that I noticed was that the parade was flowing too quickly, without the regular stops – I’ve seen this parade before. For our surprise, after the third or fourth float, the parade was over. For us, and the some other people around, it was due to the weather.
Later that afternoon, we were waiting for the 4:35PM performance of “Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration” when suddenly the PA system informed that all performances were cancelled. I remember thinking it was still a matter of potential bad weather. During that night “Wishes” went on.

We just learned about the accident on the 12th. We could tell that something was wrong – most of the CM’s were acting quiet and strange, particularly at Chef Mickey’s breakfast. This same day we attended “Fantasmic!” and something strange happened: the water sprinkles did not worked, so the show was interrupted after its first minutes of performance (with Mickey on stage) and after a 20 minutes reset, started from the very beginning.

The rest of the stay was OK, despite the occasional rain and the large crowds (President’s Day Weekend).

To Javier’s family, friends and colleagues, my condolences and feelings.
“Descanse em paz.”

C77

MicBat

Great story, c. I was also watching the SADCT Parade on this fateful day. Very sad indeed. My friend Josh and I, however, did not stay at the Magic Kingdom after the parade, but went over to the Disney MGM Studios. This is where we found out what had happened. I dont think I'll ever look at Pluto the same way again. I like to see the reactions of others in a situation like this. I heard many people, including cast members, poking fun at the situation. While others were hit directly with the loss of a friend. A guy I work with was actually really good friends with Javier. I guess this just goes to show that even bad things can happen even in the happiest place on earth. On a side note, the princess float and parade stops have yet to make their return to the SADCT Parade.

Sir Hiss527

Nice story, I'm glad to hear someone members were actually at the MK that day. Very Eeerie...My thoughts and prayers go out to the family once again..JC.

I'm going to Disney tommorrow...:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom