Accident at LMA on Wednesday

boo52

Original Poster
From the Orlando Sentinal today

Lake Buena Vista

Accident mars stunt show

Theme park guests watched as a stunt show at Disney-MGM went awry, sending one car crashing into another and leaving one employee slightly injured, a theme park spokeswoman said.

The crash happened about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at MGM's Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Motor Stunt Show.

One car "bumped" another at 45 mph to 50 mph, sending the driver of one to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and released, said Disney spokeswoman Jacquee Polak.

About 2,200 guests saw the crash, Polak said. The show is set to officially open in May but has held rehearsals in front of park guests for several days.

Despite the crash, the show was staged for guests again Thursday, she said.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I wonder if this is going to be a regular occurance. Anyone know how often it happens in Paris?

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

Paris stunt show

There were some accidents when the stunt show started in Paris, I think there was a fatality ,sadly. I saw the show March5th --excellent; can`t wait to see it at MGM.

fiftiesdean

that's pretty sad, hopefully it won't be like this often. I'm glad the stunt-person is ok. For those who have been involved in a crash before, a "bump" at 45-50 mph is no bump:(

casualrdt

I am sure this will not be the first or the last time we see this type of thing. I have seen some of the things they do in a video and could see how something could go wrong quite easily. Watching LMA you can only hope for two things… 1.) They are not frequent 2.) Those injuries are not serious.

Slipknot

Since this is April Fools day and after searching through OrlandoSentinal.com and other news sites with no luck on any Disney World stories, I think you've all been April Fooled. Something like this would make national headlines.

KevinPage

Slade said:
Since this is April Fools day and after searching through OrlandoSentinal.com and other news sites with no luck on any Disney World stories, I think you've all been April Fooled. Something like this would make national headlines.

Hate to break it to you but a minor injury at a theme park stunt show would't make natonal headlines at all. It only appeated as a SMALL article in the hometown paper.

:D

CTXRover

I'm glad and thankful that nobody got hurt. This unfortunate incident though does put into focus that the stunts in this show are dangerous and I wish all the performers involved the best of luck in each performance. Even in the "ballet chase" section, I watched in amazement as I thought to myself how each car must be perfectly in line with the planned 'choreography' or something bad could happen.

I wonder if the injured performer will be back in the show soon?

CTXRover

Slade said:

A minor accident in a stunt show won't make national headlines. If someone had been seriously injured (which thankfully was not the case here and hopefully never will be), that would be another story.

TTATraveler

This definately happened. My parents were at the show on Wednesday when it happened. I didn't want to post anything about it, since nothing had been mentioned on the local news websites or the Orlando Sentinel until now and wasn't sure how big of an accident it really was.

FiftiesDean said:
that's pretty sad, hopefully it won't be like this often. I'm glad the stunt-person is ok. For those who have been involved in a crash before, a "bump" at 45-50 mph is no bump:(

Unless they were both at speed, at which point it only take s nudge to loose control

TTATraveler

MrNonacho said:
Any more details on what went wrong?

They said that 2 cars came out and crashed right at the beginning of the show. Disney evacuated the show and an ambulance was on its way. I was in a rush, so I didn't get any more details. They did say that the driver was ok though, but an ambulance was comming anyway as is standard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom