News Above-Normal Hurricane Season Predicted for 2024

Lilofan

I noticed that as well a few months ago. So many radio ads and billboards claiming how much money these lawfirms "had recovered" for "the victims". And all I could think of was, "This is what's driving insurance rates through the roof".
Coming from MN you apparently have no idea on what is all driving FL insurance rates through the roof.

Lilofan

First and foremost its inflation. Litigation and weather cycle is a close second.
What’s driving rates higher and higher is very suspect lawsuits , deadly hurricanes , increased building costs and when the insurance companies are supposed to help you some end up leaving the state and or cancelling home owner insurances to limit exposure. Try finding a new insurer with their sky high rates if you get that letter your insurance will be cancelled and that’s even if you pass the 4 point inspection. Fail any part of the inspection and it’s your dime to pay to get up to code ( ie complete replumb , roof, AC ). The other fleecing of the homeowners is post hurricane when the insurance company advises you the dollar amount insurance will pay to fix the roof as an example . Then you have the blood sucking contractors charging 2-3x the insurance price if you want your ( ie roof etc ) replaced in a timely manner. One good thing about manual labor is one can always go down to the local Home Depot and many willing able bodied males standing in the parking lot can do work for you , cash only , speaking Spanish can help the homeowner.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
What’s driving rates higher and higher is very suspect lawsuits , deadly hurricanes , increased building costs and when the insurance companies are supposed to help you some end up leaving the state and or cancelling home owner insurances to limit exposure. Try finding a new insurer with their sky high rates if you get that letter your insurance will be cancelled and that’s even if you pass the 4 point inspection. Fail any part of the inspection and it’s your dime to pay to get up to code ( ie complete replumb , roof, AC ). The other fleecing of the homeowners is post hurricane when the insurance company advises you the dollar amount insurance will pay to fix the roof as an example . Then you have the blood sucking contractors charging 2-3x the insurance price if you want your ( ie roof etc ) replaced in a timely manner. One good thing about manual labor is one can always go down to the local Home Depot and many willing able bodied males standing in the parking lot can do work for you , cash only , speaking Spanish can help the homeowner.
Not to take this too far off-topic, but if a politician for state office runs on a platform of addressing this crisis, with a detailed plan, and vows to make a good faith effort to address, not beholden to corporate interests, they would have my vote, regardless of their political party. I don’t want to hear “we’re going to take a hard look at it,” or “we need to study that.” I want action. Because we’re on the brink here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom