About to go on my first Disney Cruise!! Any suggestions to help make the most of it?!

ccozt

Original Poster
We did our first cruise just about a year ago on the Wonder. First of all, if it's a 3 or 4 night cruise, the days will just fly by and it will be over before you know it. Enjoy Castaway Cay. The daughters did parasailing, but other than that, we didn't do any excursions or pay for additional activities and the day still seemed too short, but look at the list of what is available and make your own decision. Be sure to take some time to explore the ship. Because of the size of our party and other personal reasons there were parts of the ship I never even got to look at, let alone experience. There is so much to do and see and so little time, you will need to read the navigator and make some choices.
Thank you! Initially I was planning on paying for excursions because I went on a non disney cruise in the past and it was a waste of. But the Disney cruise won't disappoint. I'm so excited!

ccozt

Original Poster
Try the wine tasting or cocktail making or champagne tasting. It's great value and fun!
That's a good idea. One of my favorite things at WDW is the food and wine festival so this could be my own miniature version

rob0519

Thank you! Initially I was planning on paying for excursions because I went on a non disney cruise in the past and it was a waste of. But the Disney cruise won't disappoint. I'm so excited!

Not sure of your itinerary, but we did get off the ship in Key West. I've always wanted to go there. There is a lot to see within walking distance of the dock. Lots of shops, bars and photo opportunities. Some of the people with us too a "train" tour and seemed to enjoy it.

lostpro9het

Mixology is probably the greatest value on the boat! $15 for 4-5 drinks that you get to learn about by making them yourself.

CheshireCat12

Don't skip Nassau if you've never been- definitely get off the ship and look around! Your opinion of the place may differ from others on the board. Try it.
Midship detective agency is cute but for adults it is over quickly, the clues are easy. It was a good way to spend a half hour or so.
Go to the evening shows and see a movie onboard- the novelty of that really was fun.
Don't forget the ice cream up on deck 11! I recommend the strawberry/banana swirl :hungry:
Be sure to visit Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay, it is so peaceful!

HollyAD

I wouldn't skip any stop on a cruise. There is something to see no matter where you end up. Even Nassau isn't that bad. We took a taxi to Atlantis. It's kind of something you should see once in your life. We paid to walk through the Aquariums, did a little shopping, stopped in the Hard Rock for lunch, and went right back to the boat. At Castaway Cay we really enjoyed renting bikes and exploring the Island. There is also an observation tower for some awesome pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom