About these Sea Raycers...help please!

MissingDisney

I have seen so many prices listed on various websites for the Sea Raycers I don't know where to start. I called a number listed but was on hold forever. Does anyone know how much it costs for an hour, the best place to rent them and can my DS5 and DS7 ride with one of us at the same time? Thanks to anyone who can help!

smk

We have rented them from the Contemporary, the POLY and FW. I think they are about 35 dollars for one half hour. They fit one adult and one child, I really don't think three can fit....but we have never tried that or had a reason to try. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

yankspy

As far as the best place to rent them I would suggest an MK area resort. We usually make an ADR for a restaurant at the rsort that we will be renting them from so we can have lunch afterwards.

Upvote 0

BrerPete

It's something like $32 for 30 minutes, $40 for 45minutes and $45 for 60 minutes. Just did it two weeks ago from the Yacht Club area. Only did 30 minutes, sun was way too strong. Two riders per boat. Weight limit is like 340 or 350lbs. Do it from the Magic Kingdom Seven Seas Lagoon. Did that a few years ago, much big and better than the Crescent Lake area.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Original Poster
It's something like $32 for 30 minutes, $40 for 45minutes and $45 for 60 minutes. Just did it two weeks ago from the Yacht Club area. Only did 30 minutes, sun was way too strong. Two riders per boat. Weight limit is like 340 or 350lbs. Do it from the Magic Kingdom Seven Seas Lagoon. Did that a few years ago, much big and better than the Crescent Lake area.

Thank you so much for the info. I was wondering if the price went down the longer one rented. By the time we swap riders and everyone gets a turn, we'll surely need the hour!

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Thank you so much for the info. I was wondering if the price went down the longer one rented. By the time we swap riders and everyone gets a turn, we'll surely need the hour!

Thanks again.

IF you want to keep everyone together, the Boston Whalers can hold something like 6 or 8 people, and they are only a few dollars more.

I have used both the sea raycers and the boston whalers, and I now prefer the Whalers.

Both are horribly underpowered, they do that on purpose.

The sea raycer is cramped and usualy wet inside. If it had power, it would be fun. But being underpowered as it is, its like floating around in a bathtub

The Whaler is just a lot more comforable, and with the engines they have, goes just as fast as the Sea Raycer.

-dave

Upvote 0

captainkidd

For a real thrill, try the Ski-Doos at Sammy Duvalls at the Contemporary. They go literally 3x as fast as Sea Racers, and you can fit 3 people on one. Problem is, there isn't a big area to ride them in.

Upvote 0

bill1827

good places to boat

I did a Pontoon on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon from Wilderness Lodge. Also did Sea Raycers on the Sassagoula River from Port Orleans. I actually like Sassagoula River the best because there's lots of river to cover - lots of scenery such as woods, Tree House villas, a turn off to Old Key West, and then Saratoga Springs and all of the lake at Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

Buckeye

Booooooring

They are slow and boring! While staying at the Wilderness Lodge, my son won the duck race and got a free hour rental. He and I rode together as he was too young to drive. I think I could have gotten out and swam faster than these things moved. We putted around for about 30 minutes and then returned it. We didn't even use the whole hour because we were bored. I would have been very disappointed had we paid for it. Save your money. The passenger boats that take you around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon are way faster and more exciting, ride those for free. It's too bad these things have become like this too, because I remember those things zipping around when I was a kid. Maybe I am mis-remembering, but I think they used to be MUCH faster. I'm sure some lawyers got involved and they had to govern their speed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom