About the Country Bear Movie

Lost Boy

Original Poster
I am afraid this is rather long, but when it comes to my beloved Bears I get rather pationate. Please read and "bear" with me.
The Movie:

The Plot:
This is world in which humans and bears live, work and play together and no one notices. A young bear named Barrie is adopted by a human family. He does not realize he is a bear until his older (human) brother (who is mad at him) tell him he is nothing but an adopted cub and is a bear, not a human. Hurt beyond belief, Barrie leaves his human family to find his roots. He comes across "The Country Bear Playhouse" a famous theater where a very famous Country/Rock band used to play. They where very popular several years ago and had Platinum Records and world tours. Then there was infighting and disagreements and the band broke up. There are two bears left at the Playhouse. Ruffus, the cartaker and Henry the MC. They tell Barrie that an unscrupulous human (played by Jeremy Irons) is trying to foreclose on the Theater as he wants to tear it down and build a Parking Lot. Barrie convinces Henry to travel with him to find the Bear Band members and convince them to come back to the Playhouse for a reunion concert to save the Theater.

Facts: The Bears are not aweful looking at all. They were built by the Jim Hensen Creature Factory and are some of the best animtronic figures this shop has ever done.
Some very famous country western and rock stars are providing the voices for the Bears. John Haley Osmot is doing the voice for Barrie.
The Country Bear Playhouse was built up at the Studio Park in the mountains outside Los Angeles. It is a complete theater and is huge and very detailed. It is a permanent set and will be used for theater events for employees and guests in the future.
The movie has gotten such postive response from previews that they are already talking about two sequels and a TV show.
They were stupid to close the attraction at Disneyland before previewing the film.

About the other films. The plot for Haunted Mansion is about a father and his child moving into a Haunted House and him being able to "Find His True Self" by dealing with the ghosts and his child. Has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual story behind the Haunted Manison.

No story line yet exits (that I know of) for the proposed Pirates Movie, but if they vear off as much as the Manison Movie, I could care less.

The Bear movie looks and sound incredible. I have talked to several people who were extras up at the ranch and they said the Theater was fabulous and the Bears are fantastic. True, they are different in name and look from the A/A bears of the shows at the Parks, but that is too be expected. Everyone who has seen them says they are better than the originals.

I personally hope this movie is such a mega hit that Disneyland will be forced to bring them back. I have heard they are already planning a live stage show in the unused Hunchback of Notre Dame Theater In The Round that is just sitting there unused except for a few private parties. There is also talk of the show beign updated and moved over to the Grizzly Peak area at DCA. I love the Bear Show and really hope they bring it back. Next time you go to The Magic Kingdom, please go into Frontierland and take in the show. Look closely at these A/A figures. They are some of the most elaborate A/A figures ever built. Just think of the technology that was invented to put on this show long before the computer technology that exits today made A/A figures so much easier to control. I was lucky enough at Disneyland to become friends with the Lead for the show and I have been privialged to video tape both the Vacation Hoedown and The Christmas Show with no one but me in the theater so I could walk around and shoot free without any noise to interfere. Let me tell you something. Being in that theater, just me and the Bears was the most chilling experience I have ever had. They looked right at me the whole time and I half expected Henry to stop the show and demand to know what I was doing in there all by myself. I felt privilaged to have called the Bears at Disneyland my friends and I miss them very much. A friend who is over at Tokyo Disneyland is video taping both there Christmas show and Vacation Hoedown. That should be a real hoot to see my beloved bears on tour in Japan, singing and talking in Japanese. I can hardly wait.

Pioneer Hall

Thanx for the info...can't wait to see the CBJ movie. HM though sounds a little weird. They should have used the ride plot. The ride has a good spooky story.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Lost Boy
Everyone who has seen them says they are better than the originals.

I have seen them. You can too at . [/B][/QUOTE]Grizzly Hall. But I will always be in love with the originals. The new bears basically have nothing TO do with originals. Their music genre is different, their personalities...the only similarity is instrument and name. So I find no real comparison. I am in love with the originals!!

Originally posted by Lost Boy
I love the Bear Show and really hope they bring it back. Next time you go to The Magic Kingdom, please go into Frontierland and take in the show. Look closely at these A/A figures. They are some of the most elaborate A/A figures ever built.

Oh, yes...thank you -- -- I am glad you enjoy the shows!

J.E.Smith

I like this guy:D

Can't wait for the movie either and it's alternate continuity. I'm anxious to hear what "Straight To The Heart of Love" sounds like. I'd love to hear Henry and Teddi sing a duet of that song(A countrifed verison, that is...)

General Grizz

Nope.

COUNTRY BEAR Hall.

And everything about the movie - characters and everything - is just different.

But...oh well...I'm impartial if they leave the original alone...

Lost Boy

Original Poster
Please don't misunderstand me here. I am looking forward to the movie, but - the originals will always be my favorites. As I said I have been lucky enough to be alone in the theater with them on two occasions and watched (and video taped) there performance just for me. I considered them my friends and I even got to go backstage and watch them continue to perform even though the audience couldn't see this part. Did you know that Trixie has a crush on Henry. When her stage is turned around and Henry comes on stage, she positviley swoons for him. It is sooo funny to watch (well it was before they tore it all down at Disneyland).

I also think the HM movie sounds lame. They should have used the cast members stories that tell the complete history of the Gracy Family and the Mansions history. That could have been a real spooky movie.

Anway, long live the Country Bears and long Live Grizzly Hall. I hope I get a chance to get back to Florida again. First place I will head to is Grizzly Hall.

However, knowing the idiots that are running things now, and I have already heard this from a top Imagineer, that if the movie is a big success - look for the A/A show at all Parks to change to tie in too the movie. And when Paris DL gets the Bear Show, it will be after the movie so there's will most deffintately tie in to the movie. Sorry, GrizzlyHall. Maybe you better start sharpening up those claws now. The movie is due this summer.

General Grizz

JOIN OUR CLUB - SEE THE WEBSITE - Oh, boy, we'd LOVE to have you!!
THE WEBSITE THE CLUB

Oh, golly, you are one of us ... yes Trixie does have a super crush on Henry :)...Do you want to play trivia? lol

I am so glad to find another bear fan among us...

LONG LIVE THE ORIGINAL!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Now, can you tell me precisely who told you and when about "changing the show in all the parks"?

That would be STUPID. Geez, the show in WDW is one of the MOST POPULAR and they HAVE TWO FULL SETS that they can use - - and they can use one of the Tokyo theaters. Plus rock music doesn't fit in Frontierland. I will begin boycotting Disney if this is done and CoP is closed. They can't take away my family...not this time. THIS TIME...THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE.

THEY WILL NOT WIN. :)

J.E.Smith

Oh, I know Trixie has a crush on Henry, all right...

I STILL don't see how they're going to do a movie tie-in. I'm like Grizz, I'm aganist them a movie tie-in replacing the CBJ. I've said it on different forums, I'll say it here, PUT THE TIE-IN IN DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS AS A LIVE STAGE SHOW. They'd be able to do more that way, like having live human characters(like Roadie). If they replace the orginal, they're going to have to work with just the bear animatronics and the current theater and stage size(They can't make anything in the theater larger because of the Pecos Bill and shops connected to it, you know...)

The only movie related stuff I'd like in the orginal is redressing the Bear Rugs' CLOTHES to the ones they wear in the movie during the movie's opening months, and hearing Henry and Teddi sing a soft, countrified verison of "Straight to the Heart..." (Coming from a guy who wrote a fanfic with them two being an item, that's to be expected...)

General Grizz

And the movie only has 7 bears. There are 20. They are NOT going to get away with it. The poor Sun Bonnets...and Oscar...closing the Playhouse was ENOUGH !

I say we should start a petition NOW (just in case) this happens...so we can get lots of names.

Anyone with me??

General Grizz

Sure. Letters help, and we need to do ALL that we CAN do.

The original CBJ came back once, we can do it again.

After the names are registered, I suppose I print it or they do or something and send it to the person...I will look into it ...

Lost Boy

Original Poster
Lets just say that he is one of the highest of the high out here at the Main Imagineer place in Burbank. He is a good friend and also is responsible for Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure: The Temple of the Forbidden Eye and the creator of Figment. I will let you figure it out. But we talk about Disney stuff whenever we meet.

Backstage by the same lead who got me the theater to myself on two occasions. No longer there.

I already have your site bookmarked in my favorites list and just joined the club. I also am a good friend of Paul from Country Bear Playhouse dot com. I was with him on the 9th for the get together at the Blue Bayou for the farewell dinner and group get together a week before the actual closing. Also good friend with Rebecah and Doobie of Laughing Place dot com. They are all good people, and If I every get down to Florida I will let you know so we can meet and go see the Bears together.

You have no concept of what the Bears mean to me. I couldn't go to see the last show for the simple reason that seeing it on the Sunday before the actual closing was heart wrenching enough. The cast members let us sit through two shows and it almost more than I could "Bear" (pun intended!!!). I grew up at Disneyland having been going there since the day the Park opened (I was 13 on opening day as our birthdays are the same day) and was there for the first Disneyland version of The Country Bear Jamboree and went to see my bears every time I went to the Park (which was a lot - still is, just not the same anymore without the Bears).

I refuse to set foot in Critter Country again since they took them out to put Pooh in. I hate Pooh. You have no idea how much I hate Pooh. He is just everywhere, even pushing Mickey out of the limelight. Now, I hate him evern more for displacing my Bears.
:fork:

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
And the movie only has 7 bears. There are 20. They are NOT going to get away with it. The poor Sun Bonnets...and Oscar...closing the Playhouse was ENOUGH !

I say we should start a petition NOW (just in case) this happens...so we can get lots of names.

Anyone with me??

With you 100% on this one. Don't take the Bears away!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom