About Marvel, Why not.......

Donald Razorduck

Original Poster
Texas?

I'm new here so forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse.

I think the San Antonio area or between SA and Houston would make a great place for a Disney development. It's weather is good for year round operations. Marvel doesn't have to be Disney branded, certainly plenty to base an entire park off of and location is west of the Mississippi. Texas is booming and there is plenty of international flight options. Concentrate Star Wars on the coasts and do the superhero thing in the middle.

Donald Razorduck

Original Poster
I don't think many people would go to a Marvel-only park.
Sure they would, have you seen the Marvel film lineup for the next couple of years, it's non stop. You can make many compelling themed lands based on the comics. i
Disney needs to fix what they have before adding...just my $0.02
The problem with that is that outside of this board, other fan sites and every year visitors, no one notices the stuff you refer to. I hold season passes to Silver Dollar City and have been going there since the early 80s as grade schooler and I can rattle off things in the old rides that do not work or have been removed to the detriment of the overall ride experience. We bemoan it on a SDC centric website but it doesn't stop them from added new attractions at seems like a regular every other year clip. Marvel properties are going to litter the cinema in the near future, like near a dozen between now and 2019. That’s completely independant of Disney, Pixar and the Lucas properties. To me, that's too much for even the Magic Kingdom and it needs some separation, besides the area I mentioned has some other attractions in place like one of the better Six Flags and a SeaWorld that's looks to be brought up to the same level of the east and west coast parks in the near future. You got nearby Houston and Dallas. Disney even sails out of nearby Galveston. I know they want to double it's cruise terminal size to accommodate larger ships and more cruises and Houston has a new ship terminal as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom