ABC Theatre Show Idea

urbanvegan

Original Poster
Seeing as there is still no news about what is going to be going into this space - only rumours - it leads me to think of what kind of show would be a perfect fit here. Why not do a live "Dancing with the Stars" show?

The show (for reasons I simply cannot comprehend) enjoys astounding popularity and is consistently ABC's highest rated. So it seems like a natural draw for crowds. There is a huge amount of dance talent at the resort to draw from, and the show could be kept fresh and timely by using many different celebrity impersonators. It could be very funny using the improv skills of the performers - and by using impersonators, the "celebrities" could be anyone, living or dead (or ficticious, for that matter). They could let everyone in the audience vote (a la Millionaire) and even select a guest to be a panel judge along with a funny cast member or two to keep the show moving.

The show would be different each time dues to changing performances and "celebrity guests" - as well as voting outcome.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the ABC show, but I know a lot of people that just go Ga-Ga over this stuff. The improv and dance talent is certainly in abundance. What better fit for fake Hollywood than fake celebs competing in a fake reality show?

Fun2BFree

Seeing as there is still no news about what is going to be going into this space - only rumours - it leads me to think of what kind of show would be a perfect fit here. Why not do a live "Dancing with the Stars" show?

The show (for reasons I simply cannot comprehend) enjoys astounding popularity and is consistently ABC's highest rated. So it seems like a natural draw for crowds. There is a huge amount of dance talent at the resort to draw from, and the show could be kept fresh and timely by using many different celebrity impersonators. It could be very funny using the improv skills of the performers - and by using impersonators, the "celebrities" could be anyone, living or dead (or ficticious, for that matter). They could let everyone in the audience vote (a la Millionaire) and even select a guest to be a panel judge along with a funny cast member or two to keep the show moving.

The show would be different each time dues to changing performances and "celebrity guests" - as well as voting outcome.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the ABC show, but I know a lot of people that just go Ga-Ga over this stuff. The improv and dance talent is certainly in abundance. What better fit for fake Hollywood than fake celebs competing in a fake reality show?

Nice juxtaposition. Anyhow, I don't think fake celebrities are going to attract crowds. However, Disney characters might. Imagine two skilled dancers donning the Mickey and Minnie costumes and doing the whole Strictly Come Dancing routine. Now, I would queue for that! :sohappy:

MKMICKEYFAN#1

I agree that crowds (especially myself) would be drawn to see Mickey and Minnie and perhaps other Disney characters dancing and not fake celebrities. However, i personally have no interest in this show, its most times B or C-List celebs and just does not appeal to me...I would be very interested to see the Toy Story Musical show set to debut on the DCL, fill that space. I think it would gain the amount of attention and popularity as Finding Nemo the Musical...I am not sure if the theatre would allow for it tho...and ques and exiting would also be a bit of a cramped event...but if it will work on DCL i dont know why it wouldnt in ABC theater...hey why not expand that theatre to take up Sounds Dangerous and take out an empty theatre and a horrible 12 minute waste of time to put in a great new show....just an idea :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom