Abandoned Epcot

Jwhee

" know Body Wars was taken out, but what about the other exhibits? Cranium Command? Frontiers of Medicine? If they really wanted to, they could reopen it, add a few updates and some healthy snacks or something...I don't see what's stopping them..

Who said Body Wars is gone? The queue is 100% still the same and there is a 50/50 chance the sims are still there. Cranium is still there, the exhibits in frontiers are there, they just have girafelhi stuff on them now.

Goofyernmost

Who said Body Wars is gone? The queue is 100% still the same and there is a 50/50 chance the sims are still there. Cranium is still there, the exhibits in frontiers are there, they just have girafelhi stuff on them now.
No the Sims are completely gone. A picture, that I cannot find right now, was posted showing the completely empty bays that they were located in. It's gone pardner!

Jwhee

I've been told by many CM's that at least one of the sims are still there, and that main prices of other ones remains, maybe they removed one (idk) but its a pretty big operation for them to remove them all in-noticed. And yes I saw the picture, how do you know that that is the only sim that is gone out of the four?

FettFan

They were used as spare parts for Star Tours: TAC.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think that's still in Disneyquest. At least it was the last time I was there in 2007... or was it 2003? Whatever, it was a long time ago.

Yep it was the Beta test for the Magic Carpet attraction at Disneyquest. Martin's Communicore/Innoventions tribute shows the Imagineering Lab. It was where they had the 25th anniversary Exhibit.

Cmdr_Crimson

No the Sims are completely gone. A picture, that I cannot find right now, was posted showing the completely empty bays that they were located in. It's gone pardner!

Found it..It was in this post..http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wonders-of-life-is-really-truly-dead.862154/
WoL.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep, that was the photo I have been trying to hunt down too. There is also a YouTube of the entire Body War area gutted out there too. Maybe the adamthewoo one. He gets caught by the manager in that YouTube

THEMEPARKPIONEER

They can hold on to Universe of Energy which is extremely outdated, but they couldn't hold on to Wonders of life which was much more appealing to crowds and probably drew up more crowds not to mention it was a much more kid and early teen friendly attraction. Universe would make a great events pavilion with all those big rooms and all that space.

Last edited:

ABQ

Caught a rerun of the Wonders of Life series on Science Channel yesterday morning and so wish all the detail from that could be put in a tangible installation within the same named pavilion. The series ran a year ago in the states and even earlier in the UK, but it's so well done and could totally bring back some of the educational history of the old EPCOT.

WDWoptmist

With Wonders of Life and the 2nd floor of The Imagination Pavillion being pretty much abandoned, what are the plans for those spaces?
Was purely a blue sky discussion but they talked about a bar going in upstairs at Imagination...how cool would it be to have a drink while gazing out of the glass pyramid. That being said it will never happen it will probably remain abandoned until a new ride or new reincarnation of the same ride is put in.

Goofyernmost

They can hold on to Universe of Energy which is extremely outdated, but they couldn't hold on to Wonders of life which was much more appealing to crowds and probably drew up more crowds not to mention it was a much more kid and early teen friendly attraction. Universe would make a great events pavilion with all those big rooms and all that space.
A couple of reasons for that. 1).. more appealing? I think that is questionable. Reason: Dino + Kids = happy! 2).. too many the WoL pavilion was like your mom constantly nagging you to eat your vegetables. Most of us already know the damage we are forcing on our bodies, we didn't need to be constantly reminded of it. 3).. as far as Disney is concerned. UoE is pretty much automated and doesn't require a huge staff to run a show that keeps large groups of people captive for 45 minutes. Besides, every time I have been there in the last few years, it has always had a respectable size crowd which was not the case with WoL. Even if they are only using it to get out of the heat and take a nap... it is still being used.

Goofyernmost

I've been told by many CM's that at least one of the sims are still there, and that main prices of other ones remains, maybe they removed one (idk) but its a pretty big operation for them to remove them all in-noticed. And yes I saw the picture, how do you know that that is the only sim that is gone out of the four?
Ok, live in your world, it's fine with me. But I believe you meant to say "remove them all unnoticed", if so it is removed off-stage there would be no reason for anyone to (I'm assuming you mean regular guests) to even have the opportunity to see it happen. There are a lot of things that I am uncertain of, but, I have no problem with saying they are gone.

Jwhee

Yes, phone spelling error on my behalf, but you would think that a cast member that is on these (or any) forum/website would report it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom