Abandoned Epcot

tmantuano

Original Poster
With Wonders of Life and the 2nd floor of The Imagination Pavillion being pretty much abandoned, what are the plans for those spaces?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
With Wonders of Life and the 2nd floor of The Imagination Pavillion being pretty much abandoned, what are the plans for those spaces?

Wonders of life is used for events during the Flower and Garden and Food and Wine. Currently aren't any public or evened rumored plans for the upstairs of Imagination.

Mrs.Toad

And honestly, I would think they have known for a long time that something has got to give with the Imagination Pavilion. People have made their displeasure and disappointment known for ages. I don't think they do anything with upstairs until the whole thing is tended to. Meaning not for a long time. Be it overhaul (which has happened before and just made it worse), something new entirely, and Pie in the Sky, it goes back to the way it was, which many would love, but I highly doubt.

They are and seem to have been watching the profits from our "armchair foodie" age that we live in now. Food and Wine has grown and been promoted for every November, more renovations and additional restaurants have been added to WS. (France, Italy, Mexico, now Morrocco, etc.) You know, the stance of just no more countries, no added rides to existing WS pavilions, and the abandonment of FW period. The directional pattern, focus on quick money for food and drinks and Epcot's focus on it, has been pretty apparent just even in the last 5 years.

The "Recycling" is what bothers me. Of Odyssey, WOL, Imagination upstairs - Because having areas to make more money off food and drink opportunities is well, profitable.

Which I can understand for a in the now business model, but not profitable financially and for the legacy/integrity and long term profits of Epcot for the future.

And if you absolutely love Epcot and dwell on what it was, well, disheartening.

Last edited:

bhg469

They're sitting on a gold mine, I can't even imagine how many meet and greets can be put upstairs in imagination. Too bad body wars is gone or it could have been retrofit to have a virtual visit too the dvc that they're trying to push on you.

Can we go yet?

If that Pixar movie, 'Inside Out' turns out to be a hit, maybe WoL could be re-purposed for that? I wonder how much stuff is left in there...we know Body Wars was taken out, but what about the other exhibits? Cranium Command? Frontiers of Medicine? If they really wanted to, they could reopen it, add a few updates and some healthy snacks or something...I don't see what's stopping them..

JohnD

They're sitting on a gold mine, I can't even imagine how many meet and greets can be put upstairs in imagination. Too bad body wars is gone or it could have been retrofit to have a virtual visit too the dvc that they're trying to push on you.

Imagine: You can't imagine that Imagination isn't utilized. Disney simply has no imagination.

WDWVolFan

First time I went to Disney in 94, at Epcot, I believe at Imagination they had some killer arcades with a open-wheel racing simulator and it also had an IBM kiosk or something that instead of their logo you had a block on top with an eye on it, the middle block had a bee on it and the bottom block had the M from IBM.
Was that at Imagination? Why did they take the arcades out?

Goofyernmost

First time I went to Disney in 94, at Epcot, I believe at Imagination they had some killer arcades with a open-wheel racing simulator and it also had an IBM kiosk or something that instead of their logo you had a block on top with an eye on it, the middle block had a bee on it and the bottom block had the M from IBM.
Can't honestly say that I remember anything like that, however, if nothing else my posting here has glaringly pointed out how little attention I pay to anything.

FettFan

Wonders of Life = Demolished for New Horizons.
epcothorizons_fall2015_small2.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The racing simulators were in Innoventions. My son loved them. The arcade games were in there as well.

TheDisneyMagic

All of the IBM exhibits were in Innoventions.

scoobygirl39541

oh yeah! I remember that big racing game thing! My parents couldn't drag me away from that when I was a kid lol

lilclerk

They also had an Aladdin flying carpet simulator, IIRC.

Even for a video game it was still more exciting than the Adventureland spinner.
I think that's still in Disneyquest. At least it was the last time I was there in 2007... or was it 2003? Whatever, it was a long time ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom