Abandoned Disney Parks Animatronics and Where They Are Now

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
So, I was exploring YouTube this afternoon and came across this channel by the name of “Timekeeper102” and the profile picture they had....let’s just say it made me jump a bit.

The picture showed Hamm from Kitchen Kabaret, completely stripped of all of his features with....all that’s left being his lifeless, dirty, body....

I tried looking all over the web for where this picture originally came from and I’ve found absolutely nothing.

So...it got me to thinking.....I wonder what other animatronics from all over the Disney Parks are just randomly decrypted and lying in a place where no guest will ever see them again.

Specifically, I thought it’d be a pretty interesting topic to discuss here so....

No matter if you feel a lot have known about it already, I’d be very interested in hearing about any classic animatronics that you know about that aren’t in the Walt Disney Archives and instead, in a place no one would suspect or....where everyone would expect to find them....

Either or, I’d love to hear some stories if anyone has any.

Attachments

• 08F6F252-E33B-46E8-97FC-E2D2465A77D1.jpeg
    08F6F252-E33B-46E8-97FC-E2D2465A77D1.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 4,922

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
So....I was on eBay and just found an animatronic that the seller says is from Disneyland’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Not sure if it’s true or not but it does look like something Disney would’ve created at one time or another in the early years.

Attachments

• 5B2EFB93-8290-45F3-B621-B609A71F6343.jpeg
    5B2EFB93-8290-45F3-B621-B609A71F6343.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 3D1184A6-5C8B-468A-95FC-4240452A0001.jpeg
    3D1184A6-5C8B-468A-95FC-4240452A0001.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 304

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
What I’m most curious about is when and where this was because....I’ve certainly never seen this one before.

Cmdr_Crimson

They are going to have to back up a big rig to load the 70 something animatronics they remove from splash mountain when they convert it to princesses and the frog with three animatronics and a bunch of screens.
Not exactly..they just have to remove Brer Rabbit, Fox, and Bear mostly..

Brer Panther

Don't they sometimes repurpose an existing animatronic skeleton with a new skin?
Yes. I recommend watching the video that @networkpro posted (assuming you haven't already).
They are going to have to back up a big rig to load the 70 something animatronics they remove from splash mountain when they convert it to princesses and the frog with three animatronics and a bunch of screens.
I still have the uneasy feeling that most of the Splash Mountain animatronics will be destroyed. Just like the Universe of Energy dinosaurs. If they're really so obsessed with removing any trace of the Brers, I doubt any of the Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear animatronics will even wind up in the archives. At best, I could see them reskinning one or two of the Brer Bear animatronics as Louis like everyone's been suggesting.

VicariousCorpse

So....I was on eBay and just found an animatronic that the seller says is from Disneyland’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Not sure if it’s true or not but it does look like something Disney would’ve created at one time or another in the early years.
That's definitely not from either the Disneyland's Submarine Voyage nor from Magic Kingdom's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It also isn't from the 20k exhibit they had early on at Disneyland. I don't see how this would fit in pretty much anywhere else. And while very cool, it looks very subpar for even the earliest of Disney.

Vegas Disney Fan

Not sure where WDWs splash animatronics came from but most of DLs Splash Mtn animatronics came from America Sings.

It seems a lot of the animatronics are recycled.

Rumor is Red in WDWs Pirates is the Wicked Witch from the great movie ride.

There’s quite a few videos on YouTube, I watched one a while back that show’d Buzzy from cranium command was still there a decade after it closed. Kind of creepy.

JoeCamel

Not sure where WDWs splash animatronics came from but most of DLs Splash Mtn animatronics came from America Sings.

It seems a lot of the animatronics are recycled.

Rumor is Red in WDWs Pirates is the Wicked Witch from the great movie ride.

There’s quite a few videos on YouTube, I watched one a while back that show’d Buzzy from cranium command was still there a decade after it closed. Kind of creepy.
Buzzy has left the building.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom