Aaa

Dippy Dawg

Can some one give me some numbers on the AAA discounts? What kind of discounts are available and is it worth signing up just to get them?

Nemo14

I believe the AAA room discount is 15% which amounts to about $25 per night at a Value during peak season., and obviously much more at a mod or deluxe. I'm not sure what the package discounts are, but if you check with KingdomKonsultans I'm sure they would know.

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I booked with AAA and saved about $1000. AAA is the official travel company for Disney (outside their own of course) so they get some of the biggest discounts authorized by Disney.

Of course if you have military connections, those discounts are pretty deep! For example, I went to Disneyland in November for a weekend and AAA had 2 day park hoppers for about $125 (give or take I dont remember the EXACT number) and the military price was $95 for the same ticket.

I love my AAA travel agent. I have used her for multiple vacations. You also get AAA discounts in the park at select places (dont ask me where cause I dont remember!) IMO, it is very worth it!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#AAA :

In general, the discounts run as follows:

- During Value Season you can get up to 15% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 20% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

- During Regular Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

- During Peak Season and Summer Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts.

- The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas) at the Value and Moderate resorts.

more detail if you follow the link.

Upvote 0

TheKeeler7

I would suggest calling Disney direct and asking them based on the resort and dates of travel. I got AAA as a gift and called Disney that night on an existing reservation, I beleive I saved around $150.00 on a four nite stay in a FW Cabin. So even if I had paid for AAA it would have been well worth it.

PS. From what I've seen posted in previous threads there seems to be a common misconception that you need to use AAA or a travel agent to get the discount, but you can use it even if you made your reservation on your own.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I would suggest calling Disney direct and asking them based on the resort and dates of travel. I got AAA as a gift and called Disney that night on an existing reservation, I beleive I saved around $150.00 on a four nite stay in a FW Cabin. So even if I had paid for AAA it would have been well worth it.

PS. From what I've seen posted in previous threads there seems to be a common misconception that you need to use AAA or a travel agent to get the discount, but you can use it even if you made your reservation on your own.

Yes, you can get the AAA room-only discount when you call Disney Travel yourself. But when you want to book a AAA package, that is when you must use a AAA travel agent. I agree, easy to confuse the two. :wave:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

AAA is terrific even if you don't use them as a travel agent or for the WDW discounts. We joined AAA for their services i.e. car starting, tire changing, towing, maps and travel guides, Trip Tiks etc, not to mention the discounts available at hotels and restaurants all over the country.

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

I walked into the AAA office about 3 weeks before our trip was to take place last year. I knew what Disney would charge (many phone calls) so I was prepared. What I was pleasantly surprised about was that I walked out saving over $500 from the Disney quote in 15 minutes.

It took longer to call my bank and get my debit card daily limit upped to pay the trip in one payment than it did to make reservations and sign on the dotted line. I love tax returns....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom