AAA Discounts in the parks?

WDW1971

I read somewhere that you can show your AAA card in the parks and get a discount at gift shops/restaurants in the parks. Is this true and if so is it only at certain shops/restaurants? Basically, if it's true, what are the restrictions?

Thanks!

tigsmom

WDW1971 said:
I read somewhere that you can show your AAA card in the parks and get a discount at gift shops/restaurants in the parks. Is this true and if so is it only at certain shops/restaurants? Basically, if it's true, what are the restrictions?

Thanks!

Hey! Long time no see! :wave:

I remember at one time that was true, but I'm not so sure now. Either visit the website or call your local office. I tried to get in this morning but the site was down.
I know when you book your package thru AAA you get a voucher to use their special parking at the parks and one for their lounge in the MK by Buzz Lightyear.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

daveemtdave said:
actually our local office told us, we just need to show our aaa card to get into those areas now.

Thats better than the vouchers, which I always manage to forget. :lol:

And the ThemeParks section of AAANY is still down.

Upvote 0
daveemtdave said:
actually our local office told us, we just need to show our aaa card to get into those areas now.

So if I show my AAA card I can access the AAA lounge...Where exactly do I go to get in there, is there someone by a door that I show my card to?

Upvote 0

daveemtdave

If you want the Diamond Club Vacation Package items - you are to call your local office - just spoke to someone at AAA. They were laughing about their webpages being down. LOL

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

My in-laws got pins and pin lanyards from AAA when they went two years ago. I don't know if they booked through them, but I don't think they did. Something to look into...

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Miss Bell said:
My in-laws got pins and pin lanyards from AAA when they went two years ago. I don't know if they booked through them, but I don't think they did. Something to look into...

You only get the goodies if you book thru them. I love the trip planners because you can see where the construction/possible delays are. Since we drive we had them make all of our reservations for us.

Not sure just what the package they offer now is because we used WDWTravel this year. :wave:

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I booked our honeymoon through AAA and we got $25 in Disney Dollars for booking. It wasn't just a honeymoon thing though. Anyone booking at that time (January) got them.

Upvote 0

MusicMaker

AAA Perks

Hi! We booked a vacation through AAA for the first time a few months ago and we were rather pleased with some of the perks:
Since I am (according to my wife) a control freak :rolleyes:we rented a car to get around. We got a Hertz rental through AAA and got a free child's booster seat for the 9 days that we were there.
We also received a Diamond Parking pass through AAA that allowed us to park right next to the handicapped sections, which is about the closest parking that you can get to any of the parks -- the execption being the MK where you have to take a ferry or the monorail (even then, the parking was right across from the station). This was VERY useful, seeing that we didn't always get to the parks in the morning (we also used the park hopper, so we got to some parks in the evening). We got to bypass the long lines and park VERY close to the entrances.
You only get ONE (1) voucher for the AAA lounge in the MK in Tomorrowland per trip per person. We used the lounge on day 7 (or was it 8???) when we NEEDED a nap terribly (my 6 year old daughter didn't seem tired at all). You get a free cold soda or juice and get to stay as long as you want in the lounge. There are firm, but some long sofas which are good for napping, as well as a TV playing whatever ,movies that they may have. My daughter watched Beauty and the Beast and colored a book that was there while us parents took a 1 hour nap! It was great to be out of the heat and to recharge our batteries in the middle of the day. I had my vouchers with me, and they MAY accept entrance without them. I would recommend bringing them since I'm not sure if they have the ability there to check to see if you are eligible for entrance into the lounge. Again, this voucher was only given to people that booked through AAA. Since we have a time share, we only stayeda couple of days on-site, but as long as you book the park tickets through AAA you should get the perks.
As for AAA discounts, you also get a Diamond card that allows you to obtain some discounts. You don't really get any discounts IN the parks -- I tried every time I bought something (hey, if you don't ask, you don't know!). However, in downtown Disney we got 10% discounts at the World of Disney as well as at Planet Hollywood, and other shops and restaurants. We were asked to show them the Diamond card before we got the discounts, but if you are persistent, you may be able to get those discounts with just the AAA card. Since we spent thousands :eek: ...yep... we got our credit card statement to prove it!) of dollars at the stores (including buying another suitcase to pack the items) we saved hundreds of dollars using the AAA Diamond card.
This was an easy trip to setup with airfare, car rental, hotel, and park tickets all through AAA. I'll probably use them again because of the perks unless our resident WDW expert planner (Pam) can save us some more money on our next trip.
We may be going back this year for X'mas:xmas:! WooHoo!

WDW1971 said:

Thanks!

Upvote 0

pilka214

ok well i have a AAA membership and the card and all. but i live to close to disney to ever have the need to book through them. and i also have some close friends who are cms. so i only stay at wdw when i can get a discount. so just wonderin anyway, what are the benefits within the parks for just havin a member ship and NOT bookin a trip through them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom