AAA Diamond Parking?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Ha!! Like how Disney polices the DAS? All someone has to do is say their kid has autism and they get the golden ticket. Let's face it, losers high-jack grannie's HC placard and park illegally all the time and Disney can do nothing about it (just like DAS). Another example of how Disney could care a less about the "truly disabled".
synonSr.png

Goofyernmost

This is especially true if one disregards the facts that the AAA lot is the overflow for the HC lot and that a higher than projected utilization of AAA passes because some are obtained fraudulently can result in these lots being completely filled when they otherwise would not be. It then certainly becomes an issue for those people who are inconvenienced by the fraudulent activity. But it's not an issue for people if 1) they do not have to rely on a HC pass and 2) they believe that the AAA parking is a waste and doesn't have value.
The fact that it is used as an overflow lot, does not make it a handicapped lot. They use it when they need it and they have the space available. It could be completely filled with legitimate AAA pass people. Would they be thrown out because they needed the space for handicapped parking. The answer to that is no. Can we let this go please.

dadddio

The fact that it is used as an overflow lot, does not make it a handicapped lot. They use it when they need it and they have the space available. It could be completely filled with legitimate AAA pass people. Would they be thrown out because they needed the space for handicapped parking. The answer to that is no. Can we let this go please.
No person parking legitimately in the lot should be kicked out. That doesn't mean that it's perfectly fine for people to park there fraudulently. Nor does it mean that the actions of those fraudulent parkers don't have consequences.

Huff'n Doback

We're booking for April through AAA and were just told by our agent that she just received word that any Disney Vacations for 2015 are not AAA Travel Vacations, they are Disney Vacations. So therefore the Diamond Parking will not be offered .

Tony Ciaravino

Brad, you can go on EBAY and buy AAA Diamond Parking passes. But the word is Diamond Parking is going away in 2015.
Not sure if you realize, but this is the reason Diamond Club parking was taken away by Disney and AAA. People were abusing the system. AAA gave those passes to those who bought tickets or packages from them. It specifically says not to be resold. Disney monitors eBay very closely. Because of the selfish bunch out there buying and selling these passes, my family lost out on what we considered a true benefit. This pass did NOT just put you in another part of the lot. It was certainly a spot within a short walk to the gate. This was quality time to talk about what we were going to do on the way in and a time to wind down on the way out.

I personally am very upset that this was ruined for the Disney fans like me that DON'T abuse the system, have annual passes and go all year long. Truly a situation where a few bad apples ruined it for everyone!

G00fyDad

Not sure if you realize, but this is the reason Diamond Club parking was taken away by Disney and AAA. People were abusing the system. AAA gave those passes to those who bought tickets or packages from them. It specifically says not to be resold. Disney monitors eBay very closely. Because of the selfish bunch out there buying and selling these passes, my family lost out on what we considered a true benefit. This pass did NOT just put you in another part of the lot. It was certainly a spot within a short walk to the gate. This was quality time to talk about what we were going to do on the way in and a time to wind down on the way out.

I personally am very upset that this was ruined for the Disney fans like me that DON'T abuse the system, have annual passes and go all year long. Truly a situation where a few bad apples ruined it for everyone!

Wow. This thread was almost a year old. I'm pretty sure people stopped caring about it 10 months ago. Oh, and Disney does NOT monitor eBay. They sometimes view forums like this one. That is where they realized the AAA passes people bought were being sold on eBay. (Not that it takes a rocket scientist to deduce it anyway.)

Cosmic Commando

Didn't they take away the AAA parking because AAA and WDW don't have the same kind of sponsorship agreement that they used to? Like AAA used to be the "official travel agent of WDW" or something like that?

Cmdr_Crimson

Didn't they take away the AAA parking because AAA and WDW don't have the same kind of sponsorship agreement that they used to? Like AAA used to be the "official travel agent of WDW" or something like that?

Yes..They even discontinued on AAA room Discounts. I tried to see if there was a discount for 2016 and there is none...But, they still do discount park tickets & annual passes through their website...

JoeCamel

I hope you realize that if you arrive early you can park in Aladdin 36 under the monorail and the walk is much shorter than the AAA parking was?

mbtohill

Original Poster

Tony, first welcome to the forum, and second welcome to 2015 ;), the post you quoted is from last year.

Disney and AAA severed ties, and it had nothing to do with people buying/selling AAA parking passes.
Have a magical day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom