AAA Diamond Parking

gmguy

Just wondering how many other people use the Diamond parking. For those in question the AAA Diamond parking is special parking very close to the park entrances and helps avoid waiting on any trams and walking distance. I use it all the time when I go and it's really convenient. Does anyone else use it?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't, I drive by it to get to the handicap parking. If I didn't, it would be something I'd use though. Very good deal for AAA [and CAA] customers!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I use the Disney Dining Experience parking spaces, which are next to or share with AAA. It's great!
Wow! I didn't know DDE had access to special parking.

The Member Benefits sheet I received makes no mention of it:

"Complimentary Parking

Parking is complimentary if the Disney's Dining Experience member enters a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Theme Park or Resort for a short period of time for the sole purpose of dining. The Disney's Dining Experience member should pay parking at the toll booth, then after dining, present a dining receipt and parking ticket at Guest Relations/Services for a refund. When dining at a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort, valet parking is also complimentary. After dining, present a dining receipt at the valet stand.
"

No mention of DDE-specific parking spots. :shrug:

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

Well hey, not as bad as me! I am a AAA member and a DDE card holder and did not know about EITHER feature! I always stay on property though, but if I was only there for the day or something and wasn't staying, I would definitely want more info on them!

Upvote 0

banimall

My understanding about using AAA Diamond parking was only if you booked your entire Disney trip through AAA, not just if you have a AAA card. I didn't know this at first and parked in the Diamond lot, I thought it was just with my AAA card. The next time the attendant asked for some type of verification and told us the lot was just if you bought the package.

Has this changed? I loved parking in the Diamond area the two times I was able to.

Upvote 0
There is a voucher you get from AAA when you book a package. its dated with the year, and is supposed to be in your window. We used it when we booked packages. The parking is great at the AK and TTC, but we just park in the regular lot at Epcot, unless the parking location has moved back too far. The AAA lot is almost as far as walking from the first two front sections of Epcot to get to the security check point. The MGM parking isnt to bad with the AAA pass, but the regular parking isnt much further. NO AAA lots got a parking tram stop when we used them.

Upvote 0

gmguy

Original Poster
I'm not a member of AAA, but I purchased my pass from a friend of mine. Most of the time in the afternoons there isn't even a cast member to check if you have a pass or not you can drive right in there a lot of the times, but it's nice having it since I go all the time. I'm trying to get a hold of a 2008 pass, because mine expires soon.

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

These are for sale on ebay alot. Has anyone ever bought one online? I usually dont buy these type of things online but my cousin is meeting my parents in Orlando next week and she has 3 kids under 3. So I really think that it could help them. Also we are going for one month in May and would love to use it for when we go to Epcot for just dinner and want to hop in and out quickly.

Upvote 0

MattBoom

I bought one online a couple of years ago. It worked most of the time. Some days were blocked and other days I was told the AAA lot was full.

Upvote 0

ann0d

Yes I used it in December. I think it was always aside of the handicap parking. We always arrive early so only one or two spaces were taken. AK we thought was very close to entrance. I don't know if there are any maps of the parking lot, but you could look on them to see where the handicap spaces are and the AAA parking is usually just beyond that. MK we thought was as close as the Minnie parking was. (We parked in Minnie the 2nd day and AAA parking the first) MGM I don't think we used AAA and Epcot for the life of me I can't remember, so it must not have been too far!
Yes you have to pay for parking,
Ask AAA when you buy your tickets for the parking, they didn't volunteer it! One pass is good for your whole trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom