A Whole New World of Huggles

Uponastar

I just looked it up.
The hole in the medal is meant to represent an Italian piazza. And more:

Quatrini, who created the design for the medals, incorporated views, ideas and models from Italian history and its tradition of forms and manufacturing: rings, ancient coins and ornaments. The solution of the circle with the space at the centre links all the basic themes and motifs of the Turin Games and embodies the leitmotiv of Torino 2006 – the piazza. The medal is also round like the Olympic rings or a symbolic victory ring and, with its open space at its centre, it reveals the place where the heart beats, the symbol of life itself. The medal is only complete, however, when it is hanging geometrically from the athlete’s neck, lying on his chest, circling and revealing the area near his heart and focusing attention on the athlete’s vital energy and human emotions.

Connor002

[Writing this up as I remember]

More Friday
-Skied mostly intermediate and black diamond trails
-Resort closes at 4:00 (No nighttime skiing) and Connor and father kicked out :lookaroun
-Family heads to friends' house

MommytoMJM

How do you view huggles?

I personally leave it up all of the time (that I am at home anyway) and refresh it every few minutes.....anyone else?

MommytoMJM

and as beautiful as those sentiments are.... it STILL looks like CD's on a string!

On another note:

The luge is one of the scariest events ever, one woman just wiped out, yikes....

The Canadian speed skating outfits are so neat looking, ours are well, boring....

and I am so sad about Michelle Kwan... I remember her when she was little... :cry:

Connor002

Everything else of Friday I can remember
-After 5 minutes of dad fumbling for the right key, we went in, ordered dinner, and got fire started
-Friends arrive about an hour later (Held up by traffic and work schedules)
-Connor spends 15 minutes playing with the dog before dinner
-Everyone watches opening cermony of Olympics

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
How do you view huggles?

I personally leave it up all of the time (that I am at home anyway) and refresh it every few minutes.....anyone else?

I visit here as often as I can.
My computer is used for other things, too. But I try to designate some "Huggles only" time every day.
I am constantly refreshing! :lol:

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
Everything else of Friday I can remember
-After 5 minutes of dad fumbling for the right key, we went in, ordered dinner, and got fire started
-Friends arrive about an hour later (Held up by traffic and work schedules)
-Connor spends 15 minutes playing with the dog before dinner
-Everyone watches opening cermony of Olympics

Sounds like fun so far. :snore:
Just kidding!!!!!

When you wrote about going into the house and then starting the fire, I immediately remembered the smell of every house we ever stayed at in the Poconos. The smell of the wood fire. Ummmm. Opening the door for the first time on the first day and smelling that smell. It just puts you in a different place.

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
Tsk, tsk Dot. I start telling you about my weekend, after you had asked, and now you don't even recognize it...

Sorry Connor. Blame Bonny, she had me laughing.

But, as you can see, I did reply. :)

More please.

Connor002

MommytoMJM said:
B) What did she do wrong? :confused:

She knew she wasn't in Olympic condition, but used her name to get through to Torino without check, when the other girl (I forget her name...) was ready and qualified to go. To add to that, Kwan dropped out after the opening ceremony, only to deprive the other girl the opportunity to represent her country and walk into the stadium with million watching representing her country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom