A Walt animatron?

steviej

Original Poster
Am I the only person surprised that Disney hasn't done a Walt Disney animatron yet? And if so, wouldn't it be a neat thing to see? If you had to make an attraction using a Walt Disney animatronic, what would you do?

uklad79

They would never make a Walt animatronic because his family would not allow it as it was aginst his wishes. I wouldn't like to see one as he is dead. Memorys and a long lasting legacy are what he left behind and I am sure he would be more than happy with that as anyone would be.

steviej

Original Poster
uklad79 said:
They would never make a Walt animatronic because his family would not allow it as it was aginst his wishes. I wouldn't like to see one as he is dead. Memorys and a long lasting legacy are what he left behind and I am sure he would be more than happy with that as anyone would be.

yet people love to go see the hall of presidents despite the fact that most of the former presidents are deceased.

Woody13

uklad79 said:
You're right. During his lifetime, Walt specifically stated that he did not want an AA to ever be fashioned after him. :wave:

uklad79 said:

O wow that would be so amazing if it could but if it was against he wishes you gotta respect that.Mayueb a hundred years from now it would happen liek abe lincoln lol

uklad79

hypercatmatt04 said:
Imagine having in your will, "I never want a robot of me made."

From what I once read he actually said something along the lines of not wanting to be immortilised in an attraction or something like that and I think he just told his family. But they did eventually let the statues of Walt & Mickey go in the parks.

jimmyritt33

it's good to respect his wishes, but imagine how neat it would be. i think it would be greater than any e-ticket ride they could ever create. if i were to create a walt disney audi-animatronic it would be where the carousel of progress currently is. i know the cop is a sacred ride around here but a cop type of presentation with walt as your host taking you into the future would be awesome.

WRE4ever

Videoteck said:
What if a cartoon was made about him?

well everyone who knew Walt said that Mickey Mouse was basically Walt Disney...his legacy lives on in Mickey so I don't think a cartoon would be necessary

and I don't think an AA would be a good idea either we don't need an AA to know who he was he already left his legacy

Merlin

Account Suspended
Videoteck said:
What if a cartoon was made about him?

That's been done. And it was during his lifetime. If you ever see the cartoon short, "Ferdinand the Bull" (which you can actually download on iTunes), check out the matador. It's well documented the matador is Walt.

Mecha Figment

if they did make one , they'd have to put a cigarette in his hand to make it accurate. He was a cronic smoker. it's what killed him. I mean the man had three ash trays on his desk ( in the exhibit at mgm)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Mecha Figment said:
if they did make one , they'd have to put a cigarette in his hand to make it accurate. He was a cronic smoker. it's what killed him. I mean the man had three ash trays on his desk ( in the exhibit at mgm)

Good point! People who knew him said that he always smelled of tobacco and peppermint. So I guess they'd have to make the animatron do the same.

aeillill

I hope they never make an AA of Walt that would just be awful. Not only would it go directly against his wishes - but would just cheapen him in my opinion. Turning Walt into a ride just doesn't seem right

Merlin

Account Suspended
aeillill said:
Turning Walt into a ride just doesn't seem right

Not to mention, it sounds kinda ographic! :lol:

Seriously, I think it could potentially be kind of cool to see a Walt animatron. But only if they could make it extremely realistic, like the Einstein AA in another thread.

aeillill

Merlin said:
Not to mention, it sounds kinda ographic! :lol:

Seriously, I think it could potentially be kind of cool to see a Walt animatron. But only if they could make it extremely realistic, like the Einstein AA in another thread.

lol, i guess that did sound a little dirty once taken outta context, lol.

No matter how impressive the AA I would still be against the idea and would personally never frequent whatever attraction they had him at. Like I said I just personally feel it would cheapen the memory of Walt and

I wasn't really overly impressed with the Einstein AA, but that's a discusion for another thread,lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom