A Visit to Walt's Childhood Hometown of Marceline, Missouri

danheaton

Original Poster
Last month, I finally made it over to Marceline, Missouri. I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd read some reports online about where to go, and it looked like a fun day trip. What surprised me was how much there was to see in the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. That was a lot more than just a way to spotlight a few vintage Disney items from Walt's past. We spent a few hours there, and I could have stayed a lot longer. If you're considering a trip to Marceline, it's definitely worth the time. I live in St. Louis, so it was a pretty easy drive (about 3:30). Even so, I'd go back again to catch a lot more at the museum.

I also wrote up a full trip report on my site if you're interested in learning more: https://tomorrowsociety.com/walt-disney-marceline-missouri/.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Last month, I finally made it over to Marceline, Missouri. I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd read some reports online about where to go, and it looked like a fun day trip. What surprised me was how much there was to see in the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. That was a lot more than just a way to spotlight a few vintage Disney items from Walt's past. We spent a few hours there, and I could have stayed a lot longer. If you're considering a trip to Marceline, it's definitely worth the time. I live in St. Louis, so it was a pretty easy drive (about 3:30). Even so, I'd go back again to catch a lot more at the museum.

I also wrote up a full trip report on my site if you're interested in learning more: https://tomorrowsociety.com/walt-disney-marceline-missouri/.

My family went in July, and we loved what we saw. The lot in front of the elementary school was dug up, so we could not take a good photo in front of it. We bought our son commemorative envelopes from the post office. Even though they were already cancelled, he asked for the special cancellation stamp from Marceline. I believe it’s of Walt and Roy under the Dreaming Tree. We were able to eat at Ma Vic’s which was delicious and a better option than the closest fast food stop. Everyone in town was so nice. Unfortunately, it started raining and we didn’t end up seeing the park or farm.

2210D010-94EA-4A76-ACF5-E339639CB48E.jpeg

danheaton

Original Poster
That's cool! I wish that we'd been able to get that cancelled stamp, but the Post Office was already closed since it was Saturday afternoon. There wasn't a lot to see at the park, and we also missed the farm because of the Dreaming Tree Gala. Still, it was a great time. I'm glad you were able to go there! I feel like more Disney fans would go if they realized how good the Museum really is. I did not expect it to be that interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom