A visit in June?

Kelly Lalonde

Does anyone have advice about timing a trip in June? We are trying to decide between 6/13-6/19 or 6/20-6/27. Does the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> or 4<SUP>th</SUP> week in June make a difference in crowds? We know it will be hot, but we would like to avoid crowds. Thanks in advance for your help!

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
Well I don't really think it matters when you go. Considering most kids get out of school around the last week of May or the first couple weeks of June the crowds will probably be constant throughout the month with not much difference in one week over another.

Upvote 0

TwitterMouse

I used to always go during the 4th week, and the crowds wern't too bad. I'm not sure it would make a difference from one week to another though, it would probably be about the same.

Upvote 0

PhilosophyMagic

I'm actually going to WDW from June 22nd to June 27th. If you go later in June, the parks are more likely to be open later, according to some other WDWMagic forum members. That's why I, at least, would rather go later. Even with June crowds, the parks empty out pretty fast at night.

Upvote 0

Kadee

I've been the week of Father's day and it wasn't too bad. Father's day, the parks were deserted. It was hot, but no where near as hot as July. I really don't think there would be much difference between those two weeks. We are actually considering those weeks as well for our trip if we go this summer.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I would rather go in June than any of the other summer months. July was so bad with the crowds and the heat we will never visit that month again if we have a choice.

Upvote 0

Tigger2000

well that sucks....we're gonna go in July for 3 weeks next year (2006) and well...i dunno whther that's a good idea...

anyone tell me whther it's better or worse than August?

Upvote 0

barnum42

Tigger2000 said:
well that sucks....we're gonna go in July for 3 weeks next year (2006) and well...i dunno whther that's a good idea...

anyone tell me whther it's better or worse than August?
I can't tell you from personal experience, but I've read on here that the American schools go back a couple of weeks into August, so the last couple of weeks of August (when the UK schools are still out) should be quieter.

Upvote 0

dannysbelle

June is the least crowded of the summer months, from what I've experienced. July is pretty packed and Aug. tapers off toward the end of the month. The only major issue I've run into with June is rain...I mean I know it rains just about everyday in FL in the summer, but I mean June tends to be the heaviest month rain wise.

Just plan your days out around the busiest times...enjoy your resort pool and DTD and you'll be just fine!

Upvote 0

murphy

We experienced our first summer trip last june. We went the second week and it was not bad at all! Go to the parks when they open, this lets you experience more rides before the heavy crowds and the hottest part of the day!! It did rain almost everyday, just be prepared,(ponchos and/or umbrellas) You will see it coming out of nowhere and it passes just as fast! Do the e-nights if they offer them! We loved this! Also use fast passes when possible!! I was leary about the summer heat and crowds, but we had a wonderful time! And your packing is much lighter than other times of the year!!! This was a plus!! Enjoy every minute of your trip!!

Upvote 0

tirian

I can't tell you from personal experience, but I've read on here that the American schools go back a couple of weeks into August, so the last couple of weeks of August (when the UK schools are still out) should be quieter.

Only some states begin school in August. Many states still follow the traditional day-after-Labor-Day schedule.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

I think that the earlier in June that you go, the better (lighter crowds). I went in early June a few years ago and the only negative that I recall was we experienced very heavy rain, but crowd-wise it wasn't too bad.

Upvote 0

Tigger2000

So.... we got our VAcation Planning DVD yesterday... very cool may i say :D

anyhoo...

what exactly is better three weeks in July or 3 weeks in August? It'd probably be July 7th onwards beacuse of how my school is stupid and whatnot.... or august before Sept. HELP!!!

Upvote 0

DocOrange

Both times of year are miserably hot and humid--it would be like me trying to decide whether to visit Shetland in January or February. The upside of visiting in July is that the hurricane season doesn't start in earnest until mid-August, especially if this year is anything like last year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom