A very small DAK update 8-4-06

Chape19714

Original Poster
Hey all

I know that this is very small but here's just a few odds and ends from DAK.

-EE's yeti was in A mode, No steam effect.
-Single Rider has been relocated to the side of the gift store, near the stationary car where you can see if you can get in/out. Passes are no longer handed out.
-Rehab walls around the Tree of Life are now down.
-EE had some problems early in the day, it was fixed pretty quick.
-Theatre in the Wild is now COMPLETELY indoors. All the walls are up, as well as the roof. That path on the left side leads to an emerency exit.
-The building is currently painted forest Green
-SMEAR, SPLAT & DIP are now preforming in front of the new theatre, on the right side, near those closed restrooms.
Walls are still up for the new restraunt. They stretch all the way from Caravan stage to Kali River Rapids.

That's all for now!

IWalt

Thank You

Hey all

I know that this is very small but here's just a few odds and ends from DAK.

-EE's yeti was in A mode, No steam effect.
-Single Rider has been relocated to the side of the gift store, near the stationary car where you can see if you can get in/out. Passes are no longer handed out.
-Rehab walls around the Tree of Life are now down.
-EE had some problems early in the day, it was fixed pretty quick.
-Theatre in the Wild is now COMPLETELY indoors. All the walls are up, as well as the roof. That path on the left side leads to an emerency exit.
-The building is currently painted forest Green
-SMEAR, SPLAT & DIP are now preforming in front of the new theatre, on the right side, near those closed restrooms.
Walls are still up for the new restraunt. They stretch all the way from Caravan stage to Kali River Rapids.

That's all for now!
Thank you for the update.:sohappy:

Chape19714

Original Poster
100% agree! On a side note, I did ride in the front row, and it scared the crap out of me! Wow it's different!

dxwwf3

I had no problem with the original SRL configuration, but hopefully this will be an improvement. Hopefully we can get some pictures online soon.

metscool

steam was working (Yeti was in A mode, though) when I was there a couple weeks ago
I have been thinking about this. I think it depends on the time of day. I was there on the 25 of July and the steam was working and that was when the park just opened for the day. Chape19714 what time did you go on the ride?

Rob562

I wonder why it behaves so irratically...

From what I've read here on the forums, the boiler at EE isn't a 100% automated device. All of the other steam-generating machinery on-site (i.e. the locomotives at MK and AK) are manned 100% of the time that they're in operation. The Everest steam plant is kinda of a "set-and-forget" setup.

I assume someone starts it up in the morning, and lets it run. If something goes wrong, there's noone there right away to fix it. It's down until someone can come and get it running again. Because it's not essential to the show or operation of the attraction, Disney won't spend the money to have a trained CM on-duty all day long to keep it operationg flawlessly. If I were to guess, when it shuts down someone at EE calls the AK railroad, and someone over there comes to EE and gets it running again. A minimal downtime would assume that the CM's at EE call it in right away (after all, they ARE the ones being poofed by steam every 30 seconds... Would *you* call it in RIGHT when it goes down?) and that the CM from maintenance can come over right away...

So, if my assumptions above are correct, your best bet to see the steam running would be first thing in the morning, as it's just been started up for the day. (All of this coming from someone who has yet to ride it himself... I missed the sneak previews by about 3 weeks... Grrr...)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom