A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

tcool123

Original Poster
Apologies for not responding in a timely manner been busy with sorting everything out after the Disney trip, school, and planning the next trip for December.

ALso, just to be sure it's due tonight?
The due date is Friday, and that was a typo that was meant to be corrected. But I guess I never got around to notifying space :oops:

Can someone please explain this gambler's challenge better? I'm just confused...
Was in school, finished my homework I can better explain. There are three things to bet on, but you can only choose one from said list to bet on.
Bet two points on placing top three - you are betting two existing points of yours that you will place either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. If you succeed you get four points, if you fail you lose two.
Bet one point on last - you are betting one of your points that you will place in anything, but last.. If you succeed you get two points, but if you fail you lose one point.
Bet this challenge's winnings on anything but last - you are betting everything that you can get anything but last in this challenge that you won't get last place. If you get anything but last you will get an extra three points to your winnings, but if you fail you will gain 0 points.

Magic Feather

Busch Gardens has compntemplated a variety of measures to counter the number of developments in Orlando, but ultimately, it was decided tha Busch Gardens would make a tribute to their past, while doing what they do best. Now Presenting:
image.jpeg

A Next-Generation Water Coaster Experience
Ever since Verbolten opened at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Tampa has looked into getting a similar coaster through a unique showbuilding. Also, ever since Cheetah Hunt closed the river portion of Rhino Rally, foreshadowing its complete closure, Busch Gardens Tampa has been looking to add a new, unique river attraction to its park. Finally, the closing of the Tangyika Tidal Wave provided the perfect area for this new attraction to take place. This new coaster and water attraction will take guests on a exhilarating journey evoking the likes of Verbolten, Rhino Rally, and the Tidal Wave, resulting in a one of a kind attraction.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Inspired by the legendary river dweller, Ninki Nanka, finds a balance between story and artistry to create a unique, non-linear experience. Guests will approach a series of air conditioned wooden huts that comprise the queue. Each room is designated to a different African legend, demostrated through sculptures and murals, with the final room being designated to the Ninki Nanka. Guests will embark in a series of two coaster cars linked together, with three rows of four in each. Guests gently twist out of the load station before ascending a forty foot hill, over the pathway, on the dark green track. Guests then curve down a hill, gaining speed, before making a sharp turn into the cave themed showbuilding. Inside, guests will twist and turn through projected flats, all depicting cave paintings that would seem to run alongside the train, up and around helixes, and down drops. In the middle of the showbuilding, upon a painting of the Ninki Nanka coming to life, the first launch occurs, sending guests through two more banked turns, befire exiting the showbuilding, and making an uphill turn atop the showbuilding. Guests meander at a moderate pace around turns, before reaching what appears to be a rickety bridge.
image.jpeg

The cars slowly begin to cross, before the head of the Ninki Nanka emerges from the river, and hits the bridge, turning it into a raft down the river.
image.jpeg

This is accomplished through a system by Vekoma that allows for a secondary vehicle to be atop a disguised raft that is guided by an underwater track system, upon that of which can be up to 10 rafts cycling down the river portion, before being unloaded then reloaded.
image.jpeg

The cars careen down the rapid river, moving sideways on the bridge, around an abonded encampment, akin to the scene from the original Tidal Wave. After turning around the encampment, the bridges reach a waterfall shrouded in rocks. The bridge acts as a raft down, as you splash into the bottom of the waterfall. Guests then continue to meander down a more soothing portion of the river, before briefly entering a cave in which we see versions of the cave paintings seen earlier, as laser effects bring one of the Ninki Nanka to life.
image.jpeg
As the car exits the cave, and makes a turn, the tail of the Ninki Nanka stops your vehicle, allowing it to return to the coaster track, on epwhich you launch at 40 mph into the forest, winding around before entering a final helix surrounding a full sized Ninki Nanka, as he bids you farewell prior to your return to the station.

AceAstro

Twist inTime Challenge 5
image-jpeg.235500

(I want to apologize, I will have hardly anything here today, Had midterms all week and it's my birthday today so I am slightly drunk while making this lol)

Filling in this space will be something that isn't stuck in limbo between a slow ride and a thrill ride. Replacing it will be the latest and greatest coaster. A spinning coaster. While it does spins, it will still be a fairly calm, family ride. The area around will be heavily forested to hide the coaster in so that even though it isn't that fast, it feels faster.

spinningcoaster_gallery_2.jpg

Disneylover152

Gorilla Grove Falls
xLMj6SLjtXFPLL3odhkDGOaMcLG14swtRZ2wJ54mMSixW86jROkrBNC-JRAS913BoewmsWGcZw8Nfd0cs70QQMPnRSD9t_Jsq25Ddq7SnjKb3h4Em4uUY5X2JB8htE98DjjF2Pzq

Background Information
The owners of Chenzira’s Market have used the recent tourism boost in Stanleyville to their advantage. They decided to expand their market to appeal to the tourists, rather than to the citizens of Stanleyville. After many years of exploring, they decided to conduct river expeditions to show what life is like in Stanleyville. But, as many rides, go, something goes wrong.

Attraction Layout
orf3IcK_nJ1WtoSeEXh5FBaUKZc3nvEzLXBXi5s5lpUQMaNs68uJVSQvqNkCJ--vuV_8VreXzfNtsA0FeqkgCOb7qDn2dGZSv3ngFQsWEH2V1y17V4efQIul5EcqZLBdQas0MWcb

Exterior
This attraction is mostly outdoors. The exterior to the queue is what will be seen from quests pathways, as well as the exterior to the Gorilla Grove Learning Center. The exterior of both buildings will be themed to an African village. The design of the buildings will be similar to the village of Harambe in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

qC3bfwpkbjZSW4hGuIh5qBlAUB1g0RZ4ru8CMG_6rGj7Qn69UEiVBPm50kWT1WgRIlCjkanldDA3NL2KJdFFR3UWPyp5W_6_yKslG3UUz-icGa3V5MpSS5aGW7WAP2GvkcGqtySD
hQtpGvRT64rmHBd9GZlqN0YdRgyYPnnCyVpji6ZsBtfWTpNLehaZ_xbDb2rvrXoJrujycCvArc0O4P3RgcQmrdI8RQurKrUY8Xatnd-oYbla3uq-af5M2WesNMr05ARyVr10wHIn

Queue
Guests enter the queue by entering Chenzira’s Market. The story of this market can be found above in the background information. The queue takes place inside the main room of the market.

The queue has a lot of detail throughout the queue. The room is filled with shelves and baskets filled with African objects that you will find in a market. All of these objects are glued to the basket or shelf so that nobody can steal it. In the center of the room, is a fruit market where there are freshly grown fruits and vegetables.

ggW9NIN8_dDvZFCwaTY_J0pt1ZhBy-RuFCmDZLYShJbAQPOKYiEHU9eXQo8zC5Y92BJoI9PCh9oNrWEtai3QNk5rvUoRneqzShrqnfmKZ-NOSs8kI1NyFFEBCddt4KE77n795R_Q

Queue Layout

Pre-show
There is no pre-show in “Gorilla Grove Falls.

Ride Vehicles
The ride vehicles for this attraction are almost identical to those of Jurassic Park River Adventure in Islands of Adventure. The only difference is that the vehicle in this ride is made to look like it is out of materials found in Africa (similar to Navi River Journey).
Q5SFArLqqeM6MDOkN7FVhXD9O3z1T6LqDRsvirtYtwoBWD-hBQ3sHQdsSKt4Px-XWOfdoszomzuCYrhvedpHiq0GDAyuse1j5MRs-WEWvAPTkBdgij5Na60NkG-XsdiCcUOdnyrW
t8MrdeAWvy75_YzC3cKi5p5PP8_pLe3UG2A_nNihduS3XkbBEecZGKNrrCRwe_TYrW09T_hIxQAgfbUNQp676r-Rlm8pSt6J9WOjjoVWL-JEv8rH1an9Ueqg1Syut2ZilVkhQYKy

Attraction
The first scene shows an african village, similar to the ride prior, “Tanganyika Tidal Wave”.

Ukod8asqyHNYt3fySQOEFwTlkdpqrCB4Fd_Bo4B1t7ZCEe8y6cnXQtVZlFWFndR01SGlO0-r9K4tyZXZrL5Co8cnERQQG8L1lFKu9rDNCvl8Keq2oNszPRMo-oRJU__UUjKB4eZL
xD2rR_Ny6CP_uXYN77BfD5RJe2j0xRxQ7YIQyr6qYnCv-fNvtHWQJYsBL-U50hSkocOQjYEw4_Ada8YSjhwtRt3tOH39-_eReiFDK87zd--SkyAcyPYnJ1cxfXh6MFaGwObukn1r

You travel past some buildings and enter the “town square area” of the park. A voiceover is heard that says “Usichague mchumba siku ya Idi”, which means that during festivals, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

To the left of your boat, are statues of people from Africa in a canoe, preparing to set sail to go fishing. Behind them, are statues of Africans growing crops and such.

IKyKMgmEMQlu4P3z-1ADF8EJS_irtxEtdewAVp8lureIQZkZHJ_lKG9DxVuhJNa7TgydOeCD6cNXwE2638n3EM0Z9TpMLDjoDojAUFha0FjFha_mDOcmHrd8CNZRmLytePNySP9d
DLIjoAZ_IidfdUvji7GcmQDdvZeEZqeIeXb844Tj7fa-SbC6eysh2jkSUaPXA13uAn3ma7lRA9YX_sYfmG_Hl95xoGNcjX0l1maMCoCyVATPFt9lDvNazwI5dgoD7lEYfgyXFH0s

To the right of your boat, is an African festival, under a roof like this:
AsHgKd739w45VdUVZf7-2HdyEdwhQJLelrmzdeWf4-YYVmkuA26tEpQL-3mefVPAygavUMQJm249vUinlxm2jo-k_j90Zt_aN7ehBFl9tpiTm28qEWUinI413rIvUZsrwP1JHMfT

There are multiple animatronics doing african dances. Next to the African dancers is an animatronic band, playing an african song:

After moving past the African dancers, you see more buildings in the village. A cave is approaching, but the building right before the cave, has a screen in the window. The screen is showing a Gorilla wrecking the inside of the house.

You then enter the cave, which has signs made out of cardboard that says stuff like “Go Back”, “Watch out for the Gorillas”, “Danger”, etc. Your boat still goes in. Once inside, there are cave drawings of Gorilla’s attacking people.

A-lFx34dxrJYdnuhQl8so-DU_WTqUZjjpSsrIXlowypWOJgEOJDkpfIpnu6lb28XOFd_YZu9fgg45BCrTSbhI1JyfyUzr3ntSO8tWocy4V9WUp2MGKz8IVcBD4wsvNKEexiB8xZH

(couldn’t find actual cave drawings of animals attacking people)

You begin to hear sounds of gorilla’s yelling and the cave begins to rumble. Rocks are falling, and the river water begins to get rough. You then encounter an animatronic gorilla. Your boat starts to shake in front of the gorilla.

The gorilla swings its arm towards you, but then similar to Frozen Ever After and Maelstrom, you begin to go backwards down a different path. You go through the water rapids through cave, as rocks are falling. You eventually leave the cave, and go backwards up the lift hill. The lift hill is on a mountain, and is similar to Splash Mountain how the lift hill and drop relies on the mountain. When you reach the top of the mountain, your boat turns forward, and you go down the hill.

Once you reach the bottom, you go back into a cave. Similar effects to before with the water rapids and the rocks falling occur. About halfway through the cave, there are silhouettes of two gorilla’s fighting.

Once you are nearing the end of the cave, a gorilla pushes a giant rock falls into the way of the river. A gorilla also causes a fire in the cave. The fire is reaching nearer and nearer, but you hear a voice over in the cave echo. The voice over says “Waislamu, tafadhali wasaidie marafiki zetu. Maungu ya maji hutoa moto, na miungu ya Moto inapiga moto mwamba.”, which means “Gods, please help our friends. Water gods put out the fire, and Fire gods please burn the rock.”

Immediately after that, the rock burns by the fire, and once the rock is gone, the water god's pump mist into the room, which puts the fire out. Once the fire is all gone, it is still misting, and you continue your way out of the cave. Once you leave a cave, you enter the gorilla habitat. The next few minutes is a relaxing ride through a forest home to some of the Gorillas in the park. You leave the forest and see a few more buildings in the African village (with nothing going on).

You then enter a building, and this is the unloading dock. You unload and exit the building. There are a few merchandise kiosks in this room.

Exit Queue
After exiting the building in the African Marketplace, you wander down some pathways (ala Oasis in Animal Kingdom) through one of the two Gorilla Habitats in the park. This pathway will also be open to guests who do not wish to ride the ride.

GAMBLER'S CHALLENGE
Gambler's Challenge, Two Points on Top 3.

EDIT: The pictures take a while to load, I apologize for that.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 5 Reviews

Nikki Nanka by @Magic Feather
The queue sounds like an interesting idea, and it sounds like an inspired mix between the queues of Kali and Everest over at Animal Kingdom. The ride itself seems to be all over the place at first it's a rollercoaster, then a launch, and then a raft ride. All while incorporating dark ride elements showing off the titular animal. It's all great features, separately not so much. While unique, it sounds like a lot will be happening, and it may be a costly ride which in the long run killed rides such as Gwazi and the Tidal Wave. With that said I do like your concept, but it seems to be all over the place not really knowing if it wants to be a great coaster or a great raft ride.

Spinning Coaster by @AceAstro
Hopefully you passed all your midterms, and happy late birthday! :D
There isn't much to go on here, but I know one thing. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay already has a great spinning coaster with Cobra's Curse, and I'm not sure if two will really help bring in the crowds. With that said spinning coasters are a fun ride :D

Gorilla Grove Falls by @Disneylover152
Right off the bat your proposal is really strong, but it was diluted by the constant comparisons to other rides. With that said it's interesting to see how you added onto the concept of Tidal Wave, but added the new Gorilla storyline. The gorilla storyline is interesting, but it seems like a deterrent for the guests who may be confused by what is happening in the story. Overall the ride is thrilling while also being calming in the beginning.​

Brer Oswald

Challenge 5 Reviews

Let me just start by saying that I am new to this whole reviewing concept, so I'll just try my best to make sense. The projects were very enjoyable overall, so let's just get into the reviews.

Nikkie Nanka by @Magic Feather
Overall a pretty solid attraction. I always like mythical beast attractions that add some sense of thrill to them. I love the idea of the ride system "changing form" as the ride progresses. It's an idea I thought of for attractions like Peter Pan and the Donkey Kong Mine Cart Coaster, and your descriptions of it make it seem like the idea could be a real possibility. If I had anything to suggest, I'd say maybe add some more engaging pictures. I got lost a bit when reading your description, but that's not really your fault, more my own.

Spinning Coaster by @AceAstro
Because of your circumstances, I can understand why your submission was so small, so I will try not to give you too much flak :p. I don't have too much to say; I'm not a big fan of spinning coasters, so it doesn't appeal to me too much. That being said, you were straight and to the point (which I like), and I've also been busy with school and family while working in Imagineering comps here before, so I can sympathize.

Gorilla Grove Falls by @Disneylover152
I love it! Your presentation is amazing. Your pictures are engaging. The ride gives me vibes or Pirates, where there technically is an overall story, but the main takeaway is the multiple distinct scenes with their own stories. Of course, the subject matter isn't THAT interesting, but you make a simple concept about Gorillas seem like it would make for a fun attraction. Other than that, my only gripe is that you didn't call it Gorilla Grove Cove....:hilarious:.

tcool123

Original Poster
Results

Winnings + Gambler's
3. AceAstro - 1 + 4
2. Magic Feather - 2 + 4
1. Disneylover152 - 3 + 4

Total
5T. JokersWild - 0
5T. AimYourBrent - 0
5T. Pionmycake - 0
5T. Michel Lichand - 0
5T. CreateDisney - 0
4. StevenU - 4
3. Magic Feather - 14
2. AceAstro - 15
1. Disneylover152 - 16​

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 6 – Return to the Wilds
Single Elimination Challenge

Fox-World-Concept-Apes.jpg

In this challenge we return to your park from Challenge 3. This time around you will go into depth for one of your lands. Describing the shops, sights, restaurants, and attractions found within said land. How described should they be? Like if you were submitting in something for one of the other challenges such as the last one in which you replaced the Tidal Wave, and went into detail about the incoming attraction.

For those of you who have yet to have done the Fox Park from Challenge 3, your goal is to complete that challenge. Here's the link:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...dition-challenge-5.931145/page-7#post-7897111

Time travellers you have until October 15th, Sunday to complete this project. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask . Good luck travellers, and hopefully you will all survive the wilds. Finally I would like to welcome back @kmbmw777 as our guest judge for this challenge.​

tcool123

Original Poster
Bonus 4 - Flateliners

xtreme11.JPG

Create a flat ride for any of the many theme parks or amusement parks in Florida, and this includes your own park from Challenge 3. You may use up to five sentences, and one image. Time travellers you have until October 15th, Sunday to complete this bonus. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you are currently under 10 points completing this bonus will give you 5 points for completing points, otherwise you will receive 1 point.​

Disneylover152

Create a flat ride for any of the many theme parks or amusement parks in Florida, and this includes your own park from Challenge 3. You may use up to five sentences, and one image. Time travellers you have until October 15th, Sunday to complete this bonus. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you are currently under 10 points completing this bonus will give you 5 points for completing points, otherwise you will receive 1 point.​

Are we creating an original flat ride or are we taking an existing flat ride and theming it to fit a Florida park?

AceAstro

Bonus 4 - Flatliners
MDgzYjM2M2E0NCMvQzFyRkVlNDNRc21fX29OdklPUUxFSi1MdUljPS8weDEwMDoxMjgweDcyMC84MDB4NDUwL2ZpbHRlcnM6Zm9ybWF0KGpwZWcpOnF1YWxpdHkoODApL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL3Qzc3h0OW92bGFkYWt4eXlsbWN0ajd1cXZyZzMwM3J3d3B4M2JiYmRwb3hlaWpmM2ZpZW1zaTJjYXlqM21qeW4uanBn.jpg

Coming soon as a second attraction in the former area fo Dragon Challenge is the Flying Ford Anglia Test Flight (FFATF). FFATF will be a small spinning flat-ride much like Dumbo or the Magic Carpets found at the Magic Kingdom. The vehicles will look just like the ones found in the movie and will hold 4 people per car, 2 per row. The "driver" of the car will be able to "steer" the car using the steering wheel but won't have any control over the vertical changes of the ride.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom