Pre-Trip A Trip of a Lifetime Fall 2017

For the past three years I have prowled the trip report forum and lived vicariously through many of your vacations. Now, I find ourselves 18 days away from beginning our own moment – yet I find myself looking back on the highs and lows that have led to this “trip of a lifetime”.

When my DH, DS and myself went to DW back in 2014, I had just begun a new career after a difficult professional ending of what I thought was my dream job. After returning, my new career, catapulted me into graduate school. For the next 2.5yrs. I started and completed my Master’s degree, I cared for and buried both of my parents and I was offered a promotion and new position within my institution of higher education. My DS and DH spent many evenings without me so that I could be with my parents or my schoolwork. Many sacrifices had to be paid in order to do what needed to be done. To say that our lives, since returning from our last Disney vacation, has been difficult is an understatement.

Many days/nights while sitting in the stress, loss, sadness and exhaustion of cancer and school, the only silver lining was dreaming of when we would go again to DW as a family. It got me through many low moments. Now, as we prepare to leave I can’t help but look back on those moments and be thankful for having something to look forward to.

…And so, we look ahead, “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” - Lion King. We have learned – a lot! So, we are on our way to Disney World for an 11-night family vacation to make deeper connections, happy memories and rejoice in all the love we have exchanged these past three years. Ok – so let me introduce my family that will be having fun:

My DH (Rob) of 18yrs, my 9yr. old son (Jonah) and myself (Cat). Rob and I have been doing Weight Watchers since April. We have dropped a significant amount of weight and are feeling so much better. It’s going to make walking the parks so much easier! I have to admit though, I can’t wait to eat whatever I want when we are on vacation, we have great dinner plans!

Taken during our last family trip:
10847271_10100904357517487_3439826711985936803_o.jpg

Taken this past May at my graduation:
IMG_9999.jpg

And then there is my oldest sister (Mary):
19511359_10101913959422177_7872451433805253658_n.jpg

Mary and her husband live next door to us and we are like peas and carrots. Her and I were our parent’s primary caregivers. Mary has never been to DW before and it has been a dream to go. She is only going for part of our trip. When she leaves we’ll be moving resorts.
THE PLAN...
Resorts: Pop Century & Kidani Village (one bedroom suite, Savannah view)

SCHEDULE

Wednesday 10/25: work/school. Leave after Jonah gets out of school, arrive in Orlando about 11pm.
We have two rooms reserved and are hoping to be close together in the 70’s
section (fingers crossed and Touring Plans room requester set up).

Thursday 10/26: MK & MNSSHP

Friday 10/27: EP & HS, dinner at 50’s PrimeTime Studio

Saturday 10/28: AK, Rivers of Light dinner package (brunch at Tusker House)

Sunday 10/29: sleep in, brunch at 1900 Park Fare, & EP
Monday 10/30: HS, early dinner at Ohana, MK and Dessert Party for fireworks

Tuesday 10/31: MK, EP, dinner at Teppan Edo and possibly catch EMH at MK

Wednesday 11/1: Mary leaves in am. The rest of us will go to Disney Springs for the
morning/afternoon. Pool time will be a must. Lunch reservations at Homecoming
and dinner reservations at Boma.

Thursday 11/2: Enjoy the relaxing morning, lunch at Sanaa , pm at HS with tickets for the Star Wars
Dessert Party.

Friday 11/3: Breakfast at Ohana, MK, pm @ EP, dinner at Via Napoli

Saturday 11/4: last day L am & pm at AK, early dinner at Hoop DeeDoo, finish off the night at MK.

Sunday 11/5: leave resort in am.

-------------------------------------------
We are looking forward to having FUN! Life is too serious and short to not spend time laughing, and making fun memories. Stay tuned for our trip report – It will be sure to have great stories, embarrassing moments and hopefully some great photos!

Last edited:

12in12

Congratulations on getting your Masters degree! That is an incredible accomplishment.
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your parents, losing both in such a short amount of time must have been very difficult.
Your trip sounds amazing and I am sure you will have a ton of fun.:)

riverside

Congratulations on your accomplishments and I'm sorry for the loss of your parents.
Have a wonderful time--you sure deserve it!!

Disneyfreak Jen

Congratulations on not only your Masters, but keeping your head in the game when the going gets tough and overcoming life's obstacles.
I wish you and your family the best in Disney Magic! Your parents will be smiling down on you on your well deserved vacation!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom