A thought...

mergatroid

I remember seeing the extremely long waits for SDMT and thinking "I can't wait until something new is built and this won't be so crowded." Now I think someone thought that in 1975 while waiting for Space Mountain.

Last year I couldn't get a FP+ for it 30 days in advance for any of the 21 days we were there :arghh:

We go in October this year so can't apply yet but when I try now out of curiosity for 30 days ahead I can get late afternoon slots for it. Looks like this year I may get to ride it finally.

Goofyernmost

Last year I couldn't get a FP+ for it 30 days in advance for any of the 21 days we were there :arghh:

We go in October this year so can't apply yet but when I try now out of curiosity for 30 days ahead I can get late afternoon slots for it. Looks like this year I may get to ride it finally.
I think I posted this before but the same thing happened to me, so, I waited until the parade started (lights) and walked in the queue. The sign said 70 minutes, but, I thought, well, I'll just bite the bullet on this and get to see it. Less then 30 minutes later I was leaving the exit having ridden it and taking about 20 minutes (tops) walking the queue.

mergatroid

I think I posted this before but the same thing happened to me, so, I waited until the parade started (lights) and walked in the queue. The sign said 70 minutes, but, I thought, well, I'll just bite the bullet on this and get to see it. Less then 30 minutes later I was leaving the exit having ridden it and taking about 20 minutes (tops) walking the queue.

I'm pleased that worked out for you. If I had been on my own I would have joined a 45 min - 70 min queue for it just to sample it. However my wife was with me and won't do fast rides (includes TT) so I'd feel guilty queuing that long. She tried persuading me to saying she didn't mind, but she waits enough in theme parks for me riding stuff as it is so I declined. This year however, it will be conquered :cool:

Goofyernmost

I'm pleased that worked out for you. If I had been on my own I would have joined a 45 min - 70 min queue for it just to sample it. However my wife was with me and won't do fast rides (includes TT) so I'd feel guilty queuing that long. She tried persuading me to saying she didn't mind, but she waits enough in theme parks for me riding stuff as it is so I declined. This year however, it will be conquered :cool:
You might try and talk her into it. It is a little fast on the hills but they are small hills and that speed doesn't last long. Twice it slows right down to a dark ride speed and the entire ride is over in less then 2 minutes.

DaisyDoesDisney

I remember seeing the extremely long waits for SDMT and thinking "I can't wait until something new is built and this won't be so crowded." Now I think someone thought that in 1975 while waiting for Space Mountain.
I actually did wait in line for 2 1/2 hours to ride Space Mountain in the summer of 1975. (clutching my paper E ticket tightly in my hand the entire time)

Today I am a fan of both Fast Pass and all day admission for unlimited rides/attractions :)

mergatroid

You might try and talk her into it. It is a little fast on the hills but they are small hills and that speed doesn't last long. Twice it slows right down to a dark ride speed and the entire ride is over in less then 2 minutes.

Thanks for that but she grabs my hand and panics on the drop on Pirates so I don't think I've a chance getting her riding this :rolleyes:

DaisyDoesDisney

I seem to remember it being heavily argued it would be a D or less, But the ride now seems very well received. I was just wondering what people thought now. Lol.
Hahaha. In your original question post I thought you were making a joke asking if it was a "D" ticket ride because of your username.
I think too much.....

Goofyernmost

Thanks for that but she grabs my hand and panics on the drop on Pirates so I don't think I've a chance getting her riding this :rolleyes:
The ride through the mine and the joint singing of Hi - Ho, Hi - Ho is worth the fear, which is limited. I don't remember the drops on 7DMT to be much worse then Pirates, just lasted a little longer. I give you permission to blame it on me, if it's worse then I said. :in pain::jawdrop::joyfull:

Goofyernmost

Do people consider this a D ticket ride?
Only those that do not yet understand the the rating of any ride is how we think of it. Disney hasn't used letter ratings in 33 years. If a person thinks it is great, they enjoyed it and left feeling good, it can be their "E" no matter what anyone else thinks about it. Always remember that the Tiki Room was once considered an "E" by Disney. It certainly didn't have anything to do with how thrilling it was. (So was Country Bears) It might, however, have had something to do with the amount of people that waited in line to see it. Under that category it certainly rates an "E".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom