A Tale of Booze in Batuu

The_Jobu

I’ve never seen more angry people than at Oga’s.

Because they had to stand, wait an hour, or pay $9 for juice?

Sounds like this place is WAYYY too small.
Before anyone goes off and says it needs to be small to feel like a real cantina let me point you to the leaky couldron. Massive compared to the movie and guess what still feels real.

I don't even think the size is related to theming very much. I think it was an attempt to recapture Trader Sam's and manufacture demand.

The_Jobu

I don't mind it in my mind, either. But if it tastes as described, I'm not sure I'd put it in my mouth.
iu

matt9112

I don't mind it in my mind, either. But if it tastes as described, I'm not sure I'd put it in my mouth.

Blue was good i mean its still no butter beer but its good. Im sorry im beating a dead horse but nothing in SWGE wisks me away into another reality. potter does. But i did enjoy blue milk i also tried it with alcohol and that was far more meh dont waste money on that. A walk up bar/window somewhere in the land is a big missed opportunity. A qsr window for beer. Baseline is still amazing and mike is the man so theres that.

Mickeyboof

Blue was good i mean its still no butter beer but its good. Im sorry im beating a dead horse but nothing in SWGE wisks me away into another reality. potter does. But i did enjoy blue milk i also tried it with alcohol and that was far more meh dont waste money on that. A walk up bar/window somewhere in the land is a big missed opportunity. A qsr window for beer. Baseline is still amazing and mike is the man so theres that.

I loved both “milks.”

I’ve noticed people are so focused on the “milks.” Did people focus this much on Butterbeer? Or unique drinks in other Disney parks? I believe it is because there’s so little to see or do, that these incidental secondary moments are billed by Disney as full attractions. We shouldn’t have to focus conversations so often on the Milk. We should have been talking and discussing the walk around Aliens, the droids, the interactive app.

Instead, Disney thought Milk would be an attractions.

Sigh. Regardless, I thought the booze was pretty other-world.

Docking Bay 7 is close. Should have had the color changing noodles and other wacky whimsical moments.

matt9112

I loved both “milks.”

I’ve noticed people are so focused on the “milks.” Did people focus this much on Butterbeer? Or unique drinks in other Disney parks? I believe it is because there’s so little to see or do, that these incidental secondary moments are billed by Disney as full attractions. We shouldn’t have to focus conversations so often on the Milk. We should have been talking and discussing the walk around Aliens, the droids, the interactive app.

Instead, Disney thought Milk would be an attractions.

Sigh. Regardless, I thought the booze was pretty other-world.

Docking Bay 7 is close. Should have had the color changing noodles and other wacky whimsical moments.

As far as focusing "on" something butterbeer is absolutely a focal point of food and beverage at uni. They offer it in regular,hot,frozen,ice cream,fudge and a few others i think i forgot. But there are lines at the carts all the time. Swge is very empty i agree. But its no secret Disney wants a showcase non alcoholic drink. Lefus brew was the first abysmal attempt. The idea is simple design something that you can charge 8 dollars for but people buy in quantitys like soda. A salesmans dream. "The milk" just fit the bill in an attempt to have that butterbeer.

matt9112

Disney already has some success with this that has fan followings such as Dole Whips, Grey Stuff at Be Our Guest, School Bread at Epcot, and Night Blossom/drinks in Pandora.

It's hard to imagine that they can't figure out how to sell beverages that are associated with one of there top franchise.

Grey stuff is a bad example as it cant be had by common folk. I will admit dole whips do have a following but they havent replaced coke anywhere anyplace. Part of butterbeers success is the lack of regular coke or pepsi in land imho. I think disney should have stolen that play book. But nah new tops for christmas bottles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom