A Star Is Born

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
D6959B97-B5B1-4D5F-9CE5-0A29234C6557.jpeg

Caught a screening tonight of the 4th remake of A Star Is Born directed by and starring Bradley Cooper and of course Lady Gaga.

Believe the hype. This movie is sensational. Go see it.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
I can't wait to see my QUEEN on the silver screen this weekend!! Seeing all the praise & acclaim she has gotten just sends chills down my spine! I can smell the Oscar already!! Lady Gaga is truly becoming one of the greatest icons of the 21st century!!

I was hoping you’d reply. Honestly, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts. The last scene... I was in awe, I just thought to myself “she is officially a legend.”

clarabellej

View attachment 318356

Caught a screening tonight of the 4th remake of A Star Is Born directed by and starring Bradley Cooper and of course Lady Gaga.

Believe the hype. This movie is sensational. Go see it.
It looks too cheesy. This movie has been done to death. I think this is the third time with this same title and the fourth if you include the original.

All the remakes were. Judy Garland version was tolerable (still cheesy) If only because of her magnificent voice.

Maybe Gaga can pull it off.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
It looks too cheesy. This movie has been done to death. I think this is the third time with this same title and the fourth if you include the original.

All the remakes were. Judy Garland version was tolerable (still cheesy) If only because of her magnificent voice.

I definitely didn't find anything cheesy about the movie.

Princess Leia

I’m not sure when I’m seeing it, but the good reviews and comparitively shirt runtime are what sold me on seeing it. Both Garland and Streisand’s versions were way too long.

Frankie The Beer

Best performance was Andrew Dice Clay he deserves an Oscar nomination, otherwise movie put me to sleep. Seen this type of film before with different actors overacting more than these two. Thumbs down.

BuddyThomas

It is not cheesy at all. And this is the fourth version, not third. You are forgetting the Janet Gaynor and Fredric March version from 1937. This new one is just wonderful. The 90+ percent positive ratings on Rotten Tomatoes are well earned.

BuddyThomas

Best performance was Andrew Dice Clay he deserves an Oscar nomination, otherwise movie put me to sleep. Seen this type of film before with different actors overacting more than these two. Thumbs down.
I could not disagree more, but then again, my husband hated it too, so maybe I should send him to the movies with you next time. ;)

BuddyThomas

May have to watch to fairly judge.

Cheesy isn’t always bad.

I loved Brooke Shields Blue Lagoon and Endless Love!
Yes you do need to watch to fairly judge. That is literally the only way to judge. And although unrelated to this in any way, Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon and Endless Love = lots of campy fun, for sure.

clarabellej

Yes you do need to watch to fairly judge. That is literally the only way to judge. And although unrelated to this in any way, Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon and Endless Love = lots of campy fun, for sure.
Just watched the trailer. Still looks cheesy, lol, but not in a bad way.

Loved Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings and I will admit that Gaga can sure belt out a song!

I actually love older dramatic movies!

The ratings are pretty impressive. I’ll admit I was not expecting that.

BuddyThomas

Just watched the trailer. Still looks cheesy, lol, but not in a bad way.

Loved Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings and I will admit that Gaga can sure belt out a song!

I actually love older dramatic movies!

The ratings are pretty impressive. I’ll admit I was not expecting that.
It's a wonderful experience at the movies -----that doesn't happen a lot lately. But anyway, just wait for tv release if you are so against it. No reason to pay lots of money of you are not into it in the first place. ;)

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
I honestly didn't find it cheesy. Read a good New York Times article wondering if it's called cheesy because we've become too skeptical to accept romance and drama? Can't find the article right now :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom