A Soggy Saga .....

Just got back from a little weekend getaway to WDW to see the Christmas lights. We flew in Thursday night, rented a car, and after a quick Chick -Fil-A stop, we checked into Pop Century. We had originally planned to go to Sea World on Saturday, then come back to see some of the hotels at night, but since they forecast rain for the day on Friday, we decided to spend the entire day resort-hopping. Here's a few of our favorites:

Pointsettias lining the greenery at the Poly:
picture.php

picture.php

mousebymarriage

Great pics. I have always wanted to go to Disney for the Holidays. About 18 years ago DH and I went for 1 day (the day after Thanksgiving) when we were in Florida for Thanksgiving weekend to visit family. It was pouring that day so I didn't really get the full effect of the Christmas decorations. Maybe someday we will go back for Christmas!

Nemo14

Original Poster
So....Saturday the weather was a little better, not exactly sunny, but at least not pouring. Since we were all about just seeing the decorations, we decided that we'd probably not do many rides this trip. So, let the park-hopping begin!

It was AM EMH at DHS, but we decided to take our time getting over there since we planned a pretty long day anyway. We had breakfast at the food court, did a little shopping, then headed out to the Studios.
The tree at the gate was really pretty, but as we discovered later that night, several bulbs were not working.

picture.php

The wait time for Toy Story Midway mania was already 30 minutes, so we figured we might as well get over there before it got worse. Couldn't resisit yet another picture of Mr. Potato Head!

picture.php

Nemo14

Original Poster
Next we grabbed fast passes to ToT and got in line for RnRC. The line was not very long, but moved very slowly. We waited there longer than any other ride actually. By the time we got out of there we realized that it was time to get checked in for our Sunday morning flight, so we headed over to Guest services where they printed out our boarding passes for us.

We had late lunch reservations at Biergarten, so we decided to leave the park then, and take the boat to Epcot. 3 stops later we were there! The American Adventure was decorated in patriotic style:

picture.php

but we really didn't have time to stop and savor it all. On to Germany, where even the little outdoor train village was decked out for the holidays.
picture.php

Nemo14

Original Poster
Germany has always been our favorite country in World Showcase - so pretty and quaint!
picture.php

We did a little shopping while we waited for our table - I picked this out for myself:
picture.php

Soon we were seated, just in time for the band - love these guys!
picture.php

Nemo14

Original Poster
After "lunch" we had some time to stroll around and enjoy all the festivities:

The glass blower...

picture.php

Santa in France....

picture.php

A storyteller in China....

picture.php

and some old wacky astronaut....

picture.php

Nemo14

Original Poster
Finally, it was time for our reservation for the Candlelight Processional. Stephen Curtis Chapman was our narrator, and he was just terrific!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nemo14

Original Poster
After staying for the final music of the CP, we headed back to DHS to see the famous Osbourne lights. To be perfectly honest, we were a bit disappointed in this - to me it was just a very tacky light display - nothing special.

picture.php

We headed back to Epcot for Illuminations:RoE. We had reserved space between the two shops at the entrance to World Showcase from our CP package, and the view was great! We loved the holiday tag at the end - so fitting!

picture.php

picture.php

The Epcot tree was very pretty at night, but I'm really sorry that we never got to see the Lights of Winter display.
picture.php

Nemo14

Original Poster
Our last stop for the night was Magic Kingdom. DH was cold and really tired, and just wanted to go back to the hotel, but I insisted that we go check out the castle lights. He was sooo impressed, and glad he didn't miss it. (I would have gone anyway without him to see it!!!)

picture.php

picture.php

and on the side going into Liberty Square the castle reflected in the water was just a shimmering delight!
picture.php

Nemo14

Original Poster
So, that was our little weekend adventure - short but soooo sweet. Next year we hope to go again and maybe spend a little more time. It really put us into the Christmas spirit! :xmas:

nibblesandbits

Great job Fishy! You did do a lot of running around! :lol:

Glad it was a good time though. (And you made DH go see the castle lights...they are fabulous in person, aren't they?)

diddy_mouse

Fantastic pictures! Definitely put me in the Christmas spirit. :D DH and I went in December three years ago and absolutely loved the decorations...especially at the resorts!

Nemo14

Original Poster
YAY for Fishy's trip!:sohappy:

Great pictures!

Great job Fishy! You did do a lot of running around! :lol:

Glad it was a good time though. (And you made DH go see the castle lights...they are fabulous in person, aren't they?)

Fantastic pictures! Definitely put me in the Christmas spirit. :D DH and I went in December three years ago and absolutely loved the decorations...especially at the resorts!

Thanks! :xmas:

harveyt0206

Wow!! For only being there a few days you saw so much great stuff. Loved all the pictures, but that tree at the Dolphin is something else. Thanks for sharing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom