A sequel? Nah, not this one

techgeek

MK:
TRON - No changes, timeline delayed by 5 months
Tomorrowland Redo - Infinitely Delayed
Stitch Replacement - Infinitely Delayed
Splash Mountain Redo - The Princess and the Frog theme was rejected by OLC. Since WDW's redo was dependent on this, if the OLC decides an alternate theme is more appropriate, that will be what Florida gets. This project is infinitely delayed.

No mention of any specific 50th plans? 'Value engineering' of the celebration?

I would think it would represent a massive ongoing PR can of worms to flip the theme on DL's Splash but leave Florida's Song of the South tribute untouched. While it would have been nice to spend OLC's money, Splash is going to have to be an all or nothing in the States otherwise that's going to be mighty awkward.

Epcot:
Guardians - No changes, timeline delayed by 5 months
Poppins - Cancelled
Space Restaurant - Interior 99% Complete, waiting for staffing and approvals, 3rd party
Play - Value Engineered - timeline delayed by 5 months
Event Platform Space and Biergarden - Cancelled, but replacement project in works. No timeline.
Wakanda - Infinitely Delayed, then talked about again recently. Not sure on status now
Brazil - Infinitely Delayed
Coco- Value Engineered, timeline delayed - unknown ETA
Moana - Major changes planned
Mouse Gear - timeline delayed by 4 months
Central Plaza - timeline accelerated by 1 month
Entrance Plaza - LOOK, PYLONS!
SSE - Infinitely Delayed
Ratatouille - No changes, timeline delayed by 8 months

How do you 'major changes planned' a water walking path? Are we down to just a fountain and some palm trees?

Any hint at a Harmonious premier date? Have we seen the last of Epcot Forever?

AK:
Indy Project - Cancelled
Pandora Expansion - Infinitely Delayed
Planet Watch Reversion to Conservation Station - Infinitely Delayed
Club 33 - 99% complete, waiting for final approvals
Zootopia - NEVER WAS A THING, STOP THINKING IT BELONGS IN AK, IT DOESN'T

AK is looking pretty static for the mid-long term from this outlook.

Is Rivers of Light completely dead, or just mostly dead? That's a big amphitheater to leave dark indefinitely.

HS:
Galaxy's Edge Interactive Phase II - Infinitely Delayed.. enjoy that Sims game in the meantime
Rapunzel Show - Major changes, Infinitely Delayed
Toy Story Restaurant- Value Engineered, timeline delayed by 8 months
Star Wars Hotel - No changes, timeline delayed by 5 months

Rapunzel show what where who?

The Visionary Soul

No mention of any specific 50th plans? 'Value engineering' of the celebration?
Nothing. Looks more like a "come back" campaign than anything else at this point.
I would think it would represent a massive ongoing PR can of worms to flip the theme on DL's Splash but leave Florida's Song of the South tribute untouched. While it would have been nice to spend OLC's money, Splash is going to have to be an all or nothing in the States otherwise that's going to be mighty awkward.
No one said that. OLC doesn't want Princess and the Frog. That doesn't mean an alternate IP can't replace both mountains in Florida and Japan.
How do you 'major changes planned' a water walking path? Are we down to just a fountain and some palm trees?
New location from what I understand.
Any hint at a Harmonious premier date? Have we seen the last of Epcot Forever?
No idea, that's entertainment. I wish they would just start doing some sort of fireworks show, even one that just used needle drop music from Epcot and Classic Epcot that was only 5 minutes long. That would be enough to keep people in the park later and keep the restaurants afloat. Closing Epcot at 7 is stupid and the work of a moron who doesn't understand how to run things in a theme park that is mostly an outdoor mall with tons of shops and food locations. You have to have a draw to keep people there late into the night. Socially distanced fireworks can be done, especially in a lagoon as big as World Showcase. Sorry, this one hit a nerve with me.
Is Rivers of Light completely dead, or just mostly dead? That's a big amphitheater to leave dark indefinitely.
No idea.

T.Will

Two questions.
Moana - Major changes planned

Moana seems pretty simple and easy. Landscaping and plumbing. How would it be changed significantly? Am I missing something?

Tokyo Disney:
Splash Mountain Redo - The Princess and the Frog theme was rejected by OLC. Since WDW's redo was dependent on this, if the OLC decides an alternate theme is more appropriate, that will be what Florida gets. This project is infinitely delayed.

It could've been explained on these forums, but how and why would Tokyo's Splash affect MK's Splash? Does Disney intend these two to be clones?

Ldno

Half as many people but not half as many rides (capacity)

Even before covid, with Universal Express the way you cut through the lines is magical, I did managed to ride everything in UOA and Universal Studios. That’s the ultimate ticket, granted worth the extra 230 bucks.
Tron, Guardians, And Rat are practically done.

Play is a bit of an enigma. It started construction awhile ago and was supposed to open next year right? But I don’t see an attraction of that caliber working in the pandemic, or even in the immediate post pandemic world.

Moana, Poppins, Spaceship Earth And Splash haven’t started construction. I don’t see any reason why we should be led to believe they are higher on the priority list, especially when Martin is saying that they are looking at shifting their plans for Future World’s spine.

Any chance of Ratatouille opening by the holidays of this year?

The Visionary Soul

Moana seems pretty simple and easy. Landscaping and plumbing. How would it be changed significantly? Am I missing something?
New location.
It could've been explained on these forums, but how and why would Tokyo's Splash affect MK's Splash? Does Disney intend these two to be clones?
WDI usually doesn't build one offs. They have to do at least two of something to make it worth it. Also, they basically already are clones.

doctornick

Others can answer, but I believe Tokyo's Splash is very similar (if not essentially a clone of) MK's version, as opposed to DL's version. Thus, it would be easy to port any changes between TDL and MK while more difficult to use much of any work from DL in either.

If this is true, it might be a blessing in diguise for MK guests - assuming that Splash "has to" change and Tokyo forces WDI to develop a theme and attraction to their liking, it might result in whatever that ride being developed ending up better than what WDI will design for DL. Surely, OLC isn't going to just accept a value engineering replacement to that popular gem of a ride.

The Visionary Soul

Any insight on Paris? Your friend covered all the others I think.
Paris wasn't on the list. I'll ask. It's probably because my friend doesn't know anything about what is going on over there. And to be fair, that makes sense. The French take forever to do things, so to know a timeline on anything over there during COVID without being there is probably pointless. But I will still ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom