A sequel? Nah, not this one

YodaMan

Not to create a conspiracy theory, but MS is the only attraction that I’ve been on that is always 30-40 minutes less of a wait than the time posted.

Do you ride green or orange? Orange will never post lower than green, I believe. They don’t want to have anyone picking orange because it’s posting a shorter wait time and then have the guest force themselves into feeling unwell because they picked the intense side. So even if Orange is a walk-on and Green is a 30-minute wait, Green will post a 30 and Orange will post a 35.

Thelazer

I've said it before. Universal, Sea-world and Bush Gardens are figuring it out.
They are embracing the locals, bringing back entertainment and fireworks.
Even doing Halloween at one of those parks.

What I'd REALLY like to know, is were in the chain of command is this road block at for Disney.

Anyone on the ground in Orlando (TDO) knows what's up. It's not hard to "SEE" how dead things are.
You can't miss the reports of Volcano bay being at (even if reduced) capacity and compare them to your closed parks.

So I'd assume the TDO folks would be outright ed that they are being held back.
I'd assume they want to at least salvage what business there is left.

I mean, you can't just tell me that a park level GM, isn't sitting there going to him or herself "oh my god, these numbers.. my job is going to be at risk any day now if this doesn't improve.. "

No they all have to be thinking along those lines.. but why no action?
Who is the linchpin here in the chain putting the "NO" out?

techgeek

What I'd REALLY like to know, is were in the chain of command is this road block at for Disney.

Anyone on the ground in Orlando (TDO) knows what's up. It's not hard to "SEE" how dead things are.
You can't miss the reports of Volcano bay being at (even if reduced) capacity and compare them to your closed parks.

So I'd assume the TDO folks would be outright ****ed that they are being held back.

I mean, you can't just tell me that a park level GM, isn't sitting there going to him or herself "oh my god, these numbers.. my job is going to be at risk any day now if this doesn't improve.. "

I think the name you’re looking for might be Bob.

ryguy

I can see where Disney wants more DVC rooms at the poly. However if you go too high with the building wouldn't half the rooms be facing the worlds largest parking lot? I would think it would have to be a fairly low tower more like GF. The big problem with Poly is overcrowding. Seems like the main areas are constantly packed, and truthfully hurts the feel of the place. The recent changes have made the resort lose its charm.

_caleb

So I'd assume the TDO folks would be outright ****ed that they are being held back.

I doubt that it’s Bob Chapek or even Josh D’Amaro making the decisions to keep the parks at reduced capacity. Disney has a lot to lose, and is playing it (relatively) safe as they reopen. The “bloodbath” of firings/indefinite furloughs hinted at in this and other threads isn’t new pain that Disney is inflicting, the damage was done when the coronavirus outbreak began. Even the other parks you mention are cutting lots of jobs. Managers are trying to open as much as they can while “keeping guests and CMs safe” (avoiding too much negative PR).

Central Floria residents cannot sustain all the parks you mentioned. I agree that the one big water park that’s open is going gangbuster (during the hottest week of the year) and the locals might line up for a Halloween, but Disney has routinely showed that they’re not going to be caught up in a race to the bottom.

_caleb

I can see where Disney wants more DVC rooms at the poly. However if you go too high with the building wouldn't half the rooms be facing the worlds largest parking lot? I would think it would have to be a fairly low tower more like GF. The big problem with Poly is overcrowding. Seems like the main areas are constantly packed, and truthfully hurts the feel of the place. The recent changes have made the resort lose its charm.
Lots of hotels are oriented to only have windows on the side they want guests to see.

DVCakaCarlF

Agreed. Don't know why anyone would want to pay the prices for the drinks.

We avoid the weekends, well, except for Sunday evenings, as most of the locals are gone by then.

While we haven't really drank around the world, we have enjoyed many beverages at different countries. We do a lot of people watching, and love the vibe at EPCOT.

Yeah, a common misconception propagated by certain people for who knows what reason. I can't even count the number of times that we have been to EPCOT (it's in the hundreds), and have yet to see anyone barf in the bushes or anywhere else for that matter. Maybe it's because we do usually avoid the Friday night and Saturday local crowds, only because we know better.
I can personally attest to barfing in the bushes at WS...bad mix of funnel cake and margarita...I know...it was before children.

DVCakaCarlF

I didn't until an experience a few weeks ago.

Let me set the stage, you're walking through in front of norway, it's a hot 90 something degree day, everyone is wearing masks due to the ongoing pandemic.

While walking along the path you notice a young woman not looking so good. Suddenly she stops, pulls her mask down to her neck and projectile vomits. She glances up, looks around then pausing only briefly plugs one nostril and breathes out forcefully. This is shortly followed by the same routine with the other nostril. Both times ejecting a small amount of liquid. She then proceeds to pull her mask up and carry on as if nothing happened.

Less than 10 seconds later, while I am still stuck there mouth agape in shock. No less than 3 families stroll right through the splash down zone without a second though or a second glance.

Needless to say, that uh changed my opinion on epcot... That was some practiced stuff.
Go to Myrtle beach

rowrbazzle

I agree that the resort can feel crowded in the GCH. It feels quiet and relaxed to me outside the GCH. But if they ever did expand the DVC portion, I think there would definitely need to be additional amenities. I'm not sure where they'd put them though. I can't imagine they'd want to take out an existing longhouse to expand the GCH.

Building where Tangaroa Terrace is would seem to hurt, as that's a place you could add a restaurant. Maybe they could add something on the first floor and rooms above. But the location for those rooms would be nice and I don't think the views on the back would be worse than Pago Pago.

And now I've just said way too much about something that isn't happening. Haha

Mrtko

I didn't until an experience a few weeks ago.

Let me set the stage, you're walking through in front of norway, it's a hot 90 something degree day, everyone is wearing masks due to the ongoing pandemic.

While walking along the path you notice a young woman not looking so good. Suddenly she stops, pulls her mask down to her neck and projectile vomits. She glances up, looks around then pausing only briefly plugs one nostril and breathes out forcefully. This is shortly followed by the same routine with the other nostril. Both times ejecting a small amount of liquid. She then proceeds to pull her mask up and carry on as if nothing happened.

Less than 10 seconds later, while I am still stuck there mouth agape in shock. No less than 3 families stroll right through the splash down zone without a second though or a second glance.

Needless to say, that uh changed my opinion on epcot... That was some practiced stuff.
I have never experienced that, but in 2019 we probably visited EPCOT 4 times. I noticed starting around 4:00PM the Drinkerbells and Mary Poppincorks began showing up in mass. EPCOT became a pub crawl which is fine but for us it seemed to demean the place. We usually made our way out around 5:00 and moved to another park. We never experienced this emphasis on alcohol at other parks so we wondered if EPCOT was being targeted toward the drink around the world crowd. To us, EPCOT used to be the high-end park but it seems Animal Kingdom is now our preference for the right vibe and experience. Is this just us or do others feel this way also?

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I have never experienced that, but in 2019 we probably visited EPCOT 4 times. I noticed starting around 4:00PM the Drinkerbells and Mary Poppincorks began showing up in mass. EPCOT became a pub crawl which is fine but for us it seemed to demean the place. We usually made our way out around 5:00 and moved to another park. We never experienced this emphasis on alcohol at other parks so we wondered if EPCOT was being targeted toward the drink around the world crowd. To us, EPCOT used to be the high-end park but it seems Animal Kingdom is now our preference for the right vibe and experience. Is this just us or do others feel this way also?
We made the mistake of hitting up Epcot on a weekend night during food and wine once...not only could you literally not walk around World Showcase because of the mass of bodies, but it REEKED of booze and cologne and BO. It was nasty and we'll never do that again.

DVCakaCarlF

I doubt that it’s Bob Chapek or even Josh D’Amaro making the decisions to keep the parks at reduced capacity. Disney has a lot to lose, and is playing it (relatively) safe as they reopen. The “bloodbath” of firings/indefinite furloughs hinted at in this and other threads isn’t new pain that Disney is inflicting, the damage was done when the coronavirus outbreak began. Even the other parks you mention are cutting lots of jobs. Managers are trying to open as much as they can while “keeping guests and CMs safe” (avoiding too much negative PR).

Central Floria residents cannot sustain all the parks you mentioned. I agree that the one big water park that’s open is going gangbuster (during the hottest week of the year) and the locals might line up for a Halloween, but Disney has routinely showed that they’re not going to be caught up in a race to the bottom.
Cause the damn media, Facebook, Instagram, whatever blows one picture way out of proportion.

yensidtlaw1969

That's Herb Ryman's painting of New Orleans Square. 🙂
Goodness - thank you! How embarrassing . . .

Here's John Hench to balance it out:

63771-eight.jpg

Brer Panther

I maintain that the lowest-low was when Disney released this art to announce the new Animatronic Dragon added to Disneyland's Fantasmic in 2009:

View attachment 495261

Yes, this was real and released without irony.
I'm fully convinced that they just found clipart of Dragon Maleficent on Google Image Search and then superimposed it over a photo of the original Fantasmic! dragon in Photoshop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom