Trip Report A salute to our whole vacation, but mostly the food *COMPLETED*

Hello all!! We've been home for a little over a week and its time to start this trip report! We had an amazing 9 night trip..lots of food and drinks as you can tell from the title. I did a pre-trip report :
We drank the Kool-aid; our first stay as DVC members!

Ok, so quick back story...On this trip was me and my husband Scott (MassScott84).
Photo Sep 24, 10 29 51 AM.jpg

We bought into DVC this past January and planned this trip then. Plans changed about 20 times...at first we were going to spend our first few nights at Vero Beach, but in the end our first 7 nights were at Polynesian, and two weeks before we left, we were able to snag our last two nights in a one bedroom at the Grand Floridian!

Day 1 9/16:

So Scott had to work a half day, so our flight was not until 537pm. I was busy all day with last minute packing and bringing our fur children to various family members houses. Before we knew it, it was time to go! They built a new lounge at our airport, and they had a groupon deal, so we got some snacks and (most important) drinks before the flight.

It was a nice little quiet luxury to have before our flight. Next thing we know, we are boarding and off we go! The flight was smooth and 2.5 hours later we were at MCO! We grabbed our luggage, got our rental car, and were on the road by 9pm.
Disney917-08.jpg

We were finally here!! Although I love having a car on property, I do miss driving under this on the Magical Express! So we had done online check in, and once we got to the Poly we went straight to room 2901, second floor, Tokelau. Our room was right by the elevators, which made me slightly nervous noise wise, but it ended up being fine.
DSC00137.JPG

DSC00138.JPG
DSC00133.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

Ahhhh this room!! We loved it!! It was a nice size for a studio...and two bathrooms! That rainfall shower was amazing!!

geebee721

Original Poster
Since we hadn't really had dinner, we were starving!! Off to Capt. Cook's! We purchased mugs, Scott got the hot beef and cheddar with fries, and I got the pan asian noodles with chicken
Disney917-10.jpg

Disney917-09.jpg

My noodles were really good. Scott enjoyed his food also, but it could have been warmer temperature wise. We finished eating, checked Trader Sam's, but the wait time was 1.5 hours. Up to Tambu Lounge we went! I was boring and got a beer and Scott got the backscratcher. I am not a whiskey fan, so I didn't care for Scott's drink, but he loved it!
Disney917-11.jpg

Disney917-12.jpg

I had another round, and at this point it was close to midnight and we were super tired, so we called it a night.

Day 2 9/17

We woke up bright and early this morning! Our bed wasn't super comfortable,and we are used to a king, so it wasn't a great nights sleep. Today was going to be a pool day, followed by a bar crawl around the monorail! This was not a bad view to wake up to!
DSC00145.JPG

We did a Target run for water, drinks and such. We got back, grabbed our suits and off to the Oasis pool we went!
Disney917-13.jpg

I loved this pool! It was really quiet and I really liked it was right outside our building. For lunch we ordered drinks, me a beer and Scott got a Frosty Pineapple, which is a Dole Whip blended with Rum. It was pretty hot out, and the frosty pineapple was cool and delicious! We split an order of Kalua Pork Sliders which were really good. I loved the citrus slaw on the sliders.
Disney917-15.jpg

Disney917-16.jpg

geebee721

Original Poster
Food!!! I’m already hooked. ;)

I want to drink the koolaid with you and get into the DVC! I want one of those magnets for my car. Whenever I see them in traffic it makes me smile. :)

Thanks for reading! We have ours on our fridge...I love them!
Spiky Pineapples are my favorite drink on property! Excellent choice!

It was so delicious! Thanks for following along!
I was onboard with the trip report title.

Thanks for following along!

I’m in! Who wouldn’t be with a salute mostly to Disney food!

It definitely will be a salute to food....I think I consumed 4 billion calories on our trip! Thanks for reading!

Count me in and following along

Max

Thanks for following!

LOVE the title...I'm in! :D

Thanks!

I’m sure I’m not the only one who read the title in Sam Eagle’s voice.....:p

LOL....thanks for following along!

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 2 continued....

So we stayed by the pool for a little longer, but man was it getting real hot! We decided to go back to the room and get ready for our monorail crawl! We read about the Highway in the Sky Dine Around and would have loved to do it...but the $170 a piece price was a little more than we wanted to pay! So we decided to do our own version! We were starting with drinks at Trader Sams, dinner at Citricos, and ending with Top of the World Lounge. It was still too early for Trader Sams after we got ready, so we just decided to walk around and explore the resort a bit.
DSC00154.JPG

DSC00157.JPG
DSC00155.JPG
Photo Sep 17, 3 01 06 PM.jpg

This resort is seriously gorgeous! But it was super hot at this point, so we headed inside to walk around the Great Ceremonial Hall.
DSC00167.JPG

DSC00171.JPG

We went and got our pager for Trader Sams, and headed up to Tambu Lounge. We grabbed a few drinks and watched football for a little bit...but before we knew it, our pager went off!

We sat at the bar and ordered up some drinks! I got the HippopotoMai-Tai and Scott got the Shrunken Zombie Head. Both were really good, and were pretty strong to me!

I loved the glasses!
DSC00183.JPG

DSC00182.JPG

Photo Sep 17, 4 07 14 PM.jpg

DSC00181.JPG

The details here are awesome...they did a great job with this bar!

geebee721

Original Poster
We were having such a good time! Our bartender was hilarious, and the whole Trader Sam's staff was great. They do such a good job! For the second round I got Polynesian Pearl and Scott got the Dark & Tropical Stormy. Both were our least favorite out of all our drinks. The Pearl was realllly sweet...but I got to keep the pearl, so I was happy!
DSC00189.JPG

We were having a really good time...but we had a dinner reservation to get to! I seriously did not want to leave, but pleasantly buzzed we made our way to the monorail! This was our first time dealing with security before getting on the monorail, and we had no issues with it! It was very efficient, and even when the lines were long, it went pretty quick.

We were at the Grand Floridian and ready to eat! We had split the sliders for lunch, and had a few drinks...so we were both starving!
DSC00196.JPG

DSC00215.JPG

DSC00201.JPG

This was our first visit to Citricos and it did not disapoint! Our waiter was very good, and very attentive. He brought us over a pork belly amuse-bouche to start our meal.
DSC00206.JPG

Scott really liked this, but it was a cold piece of pork belly and I was not a fan. The bread was really good....one was an olive bread and I loved it!! For dinner I got the Oak-grilled Beef Filet and Scott got the Wild-caught Halibut. Both were so, so good!
DSC00210.JPG
DSC00212.JPG

It was such a good meal! Plus since our reservation was before 630, we got 30% with our Tables in Wonderland card...definitely a great bonus to such a great meal! After dinner we walked around the resort a bit.
DSC00218.JPG

Matt and Kelly

Great start to your report! We purchased DVC in February of this year and will be using it for the first time in December. I can't wait to see pictures of the Grand Floridian as we were able to book a 1 bedroom our first night!

DisneyFreak

The Poly will always be my favorite resort! Stayed there in '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, and '99. It's been awhile since we've slept there but a trip to WDW does not go by without at least one stop at The Polynesian Village!! Love your trip report so far!

geebee721

Original Poster
You also hooked me with the title. I'm following.

Thanks for following along!

Your title matches my signature, so naturally I’m following this.

Thanks for reading....yeah there was a lot of food involved!
Great start to your report! We purchased DVC in February of this year and will be using it for the first time in December. I can't wait to see pictures of the Grand Floridian as we were able to book a 1 bedroom our first night!

Congrats on your DVC purchase! The one bedroom GF was absolutely amazing...you are going to love it!

The Poly will always be my favorite resort! Stayed there in '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, and '99. It's been awhile since we've slept there but a trip to WDW does not go by without at least one stop at The Polynesian Village!! Love your trip report so far!

Thanks for following along! We had only stayed at the Poly once before this trip and we love this resort!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom