A Rumor That's Pretty Funny.....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyKrazed
If done tastfully why couldn't this work.

I like your common sense...

people, if it is done right, there is no reason that a character parade could not work in Epcot. Don't bash it till you've tried it.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by wdwcrazy
Anything that'll bring back ToN I'm for. Let's see what Mktiggerman has to say about this one......

ToD can burn in the deepest bowels of hell for all I care. I wish they wouldn't have canned ToN, but they did. Right now, I honestly would like to see a parade featuring more recent characters from countries around the world (ie-NO POOH, NO FAB 5, AND NOTHING CHEESY) and lightmagic technology and show elements (but not Lightmagic itself). I could draw out my complete idea, but I'm not about to forfeit my idea for it to the Public Domain

mkt

Premium Member
and now for even more 4am ramblings..

sorry to tell you all this, but Disney parades and shows have been historically designed to appeal to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR. In other words, nothing too high-brow or complex for the average Joe to understand. Keep it simple and to the point. That is a HUGE problem w/ ToD right now... it leaves a lot of room for the guests to paint their own story, rather than have it told to them like most parades in the past (including ToN) did. If WDW were to keep ToD, it would fail more than it does now...

A-(for the most part) the cast does not want to do this parade, and does not want this parade to continue (just the parade cast and crew... not Joe Blow doing crowd control)

B-the guest surveys rank this parade low... very low... extremely low... low enough to justify cancelling it tomorrow (JUST A THEORY HERE... NOT ACTUAL INFO!). People would plan vacations around ToN and the MSEP... people avoid ToD and think it's a hassle on a trip around WS.

C-performers getting hurt. 'nough said.

D-the list continues... i'll add more when I'm wide awake

cymbaldiva

Here's a thought...

How about not even having a parade at Epcot? Or even at MK or MGM unless it's for an actual special occasion?

I'm being serious on this queston ya'll....Does there really HAVE to be a parade 24/7? :veryconfu

cookiee_munster

I agree i wouldn't be too fussed if there werent parades in the parks... though i would like to see the old origional night parade at the MK that was the best one :)

also i agree too that it would be better just have parades on special occasions like the 100th anniversary and the anniversary of the parks.

but hey my opinions. everyone can think for themselves.

i just go to watch the night shows with ROE being the best one for me.

niteobsrvr

This thread seems to be kind of half about parades and half about why epcot is losing attendance.

I love Epcot. Its my favorite park. The parades however are a nuisance. The path around World Showcase doesn't appear to be designed with the purpose of conducting large scale entertainment in mind. Therefore, at parade time, you had best be where you want to be for a little while or just forget it and watch the parade because movement through that section of the park is cumbersome and annoying.

Therefore my personal opinion is drop the Parade and beef up Illuminations. A years worth of parade cost could probably go a long way to add some new effects to the lagoon.

EPCOT - its 20 years old and as far as future world is concerned it feels it too. The park was on the cutting edge of technology in the 1980's and very early 1990's. Unfortunately, then the mid to late 90's occured and actual technology caught up with may of the predictions in Future World.

So I ask, where did the vision go? Did Disney lose its enthusiasm for FW? The land has looked the same on the boat ride since I was first there in '91. Is that the latest technology for vegetable and fish growing? The sea, hmm.... there are aqauriums in most major cities these days. Can we update that with current Oceanagraphic exploration information? If you read the science news from time to time, you can find way cool stuff about current research.

Energy, can we can Ellen and Alex Trebek please. My thoughts are basically the same as for the land and sea. The technologies have changed but the exhibits haven't. And the wonders of life pavilion, all I can say is EEEks. I dont know what they should do with that one but the simulator ride makes me ill.

So I ask of Disney, where is the FUTURE in Future World. A little enthusiasm and "WOW" in that area would go a long way to improve EPCOT.

Testtrack321

Original Poster
I agree. Beef up Illuminations. My idea would be to add the ToN puppets to the ending of Illuminations (when you see them on the globe). Then they can dance a little and interact with guests as they leave. No parade, but there is still music. This is kinda like what MK is doing with there new anti-parade character opening. Music, characters come, sign autographs, dance, interact, and then leave. No floats. No crown controll. Everything okey-dokey.

jeffs10

Originally posted by niteobsrvr

I love Epcot. Its my favorite park. The parades however are a nuisance. The path around World Showcase doesn't appear to be designed with the purpose of conducting large scale entertainment in mind. Therefore, at parade time, you had best be where you want to be for a little while or just forget it and watch the parade because movement through that section of the park is cumbersome and annoying.

Same here I hate trying to walk around The world showcase during a parade they should drop it or only do it once anight. or make it shorter or move quicker.

jeff

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Why not just have characters manning concession stands and be done with it. A bloke (or a doris) in a furry suit seems to be the ultimate solution to all Epcots ills, afterall anything else may involve parting with the readies.

Michael72688

Originally posted by Lord Alfred
Now honestly, think about it.

A parade starring the characters on floats from all of Epcot's various countries (including Spain! ;) ) would be much, much more popular with WDW's average guest (and their children) than the wordy parade of ragged puppets that currently star. I didn't like ToN and I don't like ToD. There's just nothing to see, and I don't want to hear people drone on and on about stuff over the loudspeakers. They've got several puppets (many of which look similar) and several drum floats. That's all. To the average joe (and me) it's boring. I say kudos to new floats and characters.

This is actually a pretty good idea. I personally love ToD, and ToN, but I think after the 100 YoM they could change it to this, they could have the same music and pupets plus the dream seakers and the characters, it would be awsome! :sohappy:

figmentmom

Now, don't get me wrong - I love parades. I've loved each and every MK parade I've seen through the years, and once I got over my initial "huh?!?" reaction to ToN, I loved it, too. However, ToD is no more than a roadblock for me - I'm sure I'm not the only visitor to check the EPCOT parade times just to make sure I AVOID them! EPCOT is still my favorite park; I'd like to see it hang on to its individuality, and that's why I'm skeptical about a characters parade there. (I suspect that Disney is starting to get the message that the World Showcase isn't the thrill-a-minute fun for younger kids that the other parks are; perhaps this rumour comes out of similar speculation.)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by sillyspook13
It could be the Epcot: Characters Drinking Around the World Parade!

If there looking for potential employees im available from Sep 2003:D And ill bring my own mug!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom