A Question On 'Gay Days' At Disney

Mimi

NOT meant to offend or upset anyone... just to educate myself.

I read that this upcoming weekend Disney will host the event. Can anyone tell me what it really is? Is it simply an honorary title or are there scheduled events or is it something in between?

barnum42

Pumbas Nakasak said:
gay days=

crowded, vibrant, colourful, shock free, with fewer obnoxious spoiled brats to spoil the days, you may still see the odd tantrum though :dazzle:
Well said! :lol:

Personally, I'm not a fan of the parks when they are crowded. The one time I was there several years ago I went to Magic Kingdom not knowing it was Gay Day and the place was packed with folk at 9:00am. I went over to Epcot and it was far more managable. Still lots of red t-shirts enjoying themselves, but more room to breathe.

Upvote 0

captcanada

Master Yoda said:
Crowds will be a little heavier at the park that the meeting is taking place other that that all I noticed was a lot of people in red shirts. I wouldn't alter any plans because of it.

Lets see, potential negatives : Larger crowds.

Potential Positives: The park will be much cleaner than even before the parks open (somehow. Trust me, they'll find a way to make it cleaner).
Everyone will be really, really friendly. More dance numbers may break out. CM's will likely hear the words "please" and "thank you" beyond the point of reason. If someone drops something, they will likely find it later in an easy to see area (un hamred) with a dinner invitation attached (or some other nice note). etc....etc....

I say...."more gay days!"
(And...if the day spreads to Pleasure island at night, i wont have to worry about as many guys flirting with the same girl I'd like to flirt with :) Win-win!)

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
captcanada said:
Lets see, potential negatives : Larger crowds.

Potential Positives: The park will be much cleaner than even before the parks open (somehow. Trust me, they'll find a way to make it cleaner).
Everyone will be really, really friendly. More dance numbers may break out. CM's will likely hear the words "please" and "thank you" beyond the point of reason. If someone drops something, they will likely find it later in an easy to see area (un hamred) with a dinner invitation attached (or some other nice note). etc....etc....

I say...."more gay days!"
(And...if the day spreads to Pleasure island at night, i wont have to worry about as many guys flirting with the same girl I'd like to flirt with :) Win-win!)

Shallow and stereotypical.

Upvote 0

MotoDisney

According to my Sunday Paper "gaydays" is scheduled to bring in an additional 130,000 people this year over the weekend. Seems liek a lot of people to me?

Upvote 0

captcanada

MotoDisney said:
According to my Sunday Paper "gaydays" is scheduled to bring in an additional 130,000 people this year over the weekend. Seems liek a lot of people to me?

130,000 ?!?!?!
Anyone know the capacity for various parks??

(holy moly! 130,000 !!!!)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Epcot is only one with a hope of holding 130,000 (which without Wonders, World Showplace, and Odyssey it cannot do) - Mk starts shutting down in the vicinity of 70,000.

However, 140,000 people spread throughout a day is not too bad - they're not all there at once. Depending on season etc.. the average in-park total tends to be 1/3 or so of the total daily count.

So, in tiny terms, if you have 30,000 people all day, then you typically have about 10,000 throughout the day.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
MotoDisney said:

I think thats probably taking the 130,000 total from all 5 days. As in, 130,000/5 for the real number of people.

Upvote 0

swincha

Mimi said:
NOT meant to offend or upset anyone... just to educate myself.

I read that this upcoming weekend Disney will host the event. Can anyone tell me what it really is? Is it simply an

boy oh boy. there are planned parks for this group. for me we are avoiding these parks. also pleasure island is the destination EVERY night for this group.
go to this website and you can plan accordingly. there are planned events at the hotel hosting this group. pretty sure its the sheraton.

www.gayday.com

Upvote 0

Domboy

Does anyone know which was the official orignal website?

Not sure if they just split to allow more people to sread out on different days or one is a splinter group?

Both are advertising 15 years?

Might be able to make it next year :)

Ta

Upvote 0

Moose8556

Day came before days, run by two entirely different groups (people).

I have never been.
And, although i would proudly wear a red shirt if i went,
I will probably never go.
I do not like the parks when it is crowded and i have always heard it is one of the most crowded days of the year.

Upvote 0

Pippa

If anyones going to the AC on PI over this time PLEASE PLEASE report back, I bet the CMs have a hoot with the people!!!!

Upvote 0

Domboy

Moose8556 said:
Day came before days, run by two entirely different groups (people).

I have never been.
And, although i would proudly wear a red shirt if i went,
I will probably never go.
I do not like the parks when it is crowded and i have always heard it is one of the most crowded days of the year.

Thanks Moose

Dont suppose it really makes that much of a difference but just wondered.

And I normally go when its high season due to going with family and family working in education :) so used to the line wait!

Upvote 0

barnum42

Domboy said:
And I normally go when its high season due to going with family and family working in education :) so used to the line wait!
If they work in education you'd think they would have learnt by now to go off-season ;)

Upvote 0

Domboy

barnum42 said:
If they work in education you'd think they would have learnt by now to go off-season ;)

haha

well yeah - but i guess us brits like to queue :)

and for me its part of the experience - dont get me wrong - I have been off season but i dont mind if the place is buzzing and there is a reason i.e. this or christmas

Also sometimes off season - things seem closed or dont happen as often :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom