A Question for people doing the International College Program

MuRkErY

Original Poster
Hey.

I'm currently writing my CV and Cover Letter to send off to the company in the UK who handles applications for this.

I'm just wondering what people who got accepted on the program CV's were like, were they very formal, or kind of bubbly.

See because this is Disney i was wondering weather they would be looking for a kind of less formal CV, and more about your personality, make it seem happy, bubbly ect...

Help appreciated, thanks :p

::BEN::

Cv

Hey there!

I got accepted onto the program and my CV was just like any normal CV for a job. the sections on mine were:

Career Profile (which just explains what kind of job you are after, so for WDW something like, "seeking employment abroad with the oppurtunity to live, work and learn from global organisation.

Education and Qualifications (List schools/colleges, exam results and things)

Work Experience (Your current job and past jobs)

Skills and Achievements (or hobbies and interests)

Then your referees (I'm not sure whether you need them or not.. I put them on just in case)

But I dont think its supposed to go over 2 pages!

I hope this helps!

All the best, and Good Luck!

Ben:wave:

Hiya

I did the college program too, and my CV was set out in the formal way. I also put it on to nice cream coloured card, so it would stand out from the others!! I guess it must have worked!!! :lol:

ICP06

Mine was quite formal... Had all the usual areas (like Ben has mentioned)...

I tried to put some of my personality into the cover letter though by placing an emphasis on how I really wanted to help create the magic (I do!) and whatnot...

Personally, I'd say err on the side of caution and go for a more formal CV-but try to mention somewhere in it that you're friendly/helpful etc... Think of what being a CM would mean to you and try to get that across. Think of what Disney want in a CM and try to get across that you have those qualities.

Good luck in your application! And don't worry... From personal experience, everyone at Yummyjobs is lovely!

ICP06

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom