A question for CM's and CPer's

Interruption?

Original Poster
When do you guys get to enjoy the park for yourselves? Are you allowed to ride the rides before or after the park opens? Are there special nights where some of the rides are kept open just for the CM's and CPer's? Do you guys get into the parks for enjoyment for free when you're not working?

WDWKat26

Well...usually on your day off is when you hit up the parks assuming that you aren't too tired. As for special cast things, sometimes they have Cookouts and special events at the different parks...but the only thing that really involves CP's and CM's where they get to do things that guests don't is when there is a ride/show/parade preview. CM's get first dibs on those...

imagineersrock

Interruption? said:
When do you guys get to enjoy the park for yourselves?
Whenever we have a day off!

Interruption? said:
Are you allowed to ride the rides before or after the park opens?
I think it has a lot to do with the coordinator/management staff at the specific location. I have been over by Everest quite a few times now just after park close, and just about every time I've seen the last few trains of the night go by with a few EE CM's on board taking an end of the day joy-ride. As far as before the park opening goes- many, if not all attractions require a cast member to do a pre-opening ride thru to make sure all show elements are in good working order. On top of that, I have been on Soarin' a few times before opening though.

Interruption? said:
Do you guys get into the parks for enjoyment for free when you're not working?

Yes we do, it's funny though... sometimes while "playing in the parks" I forget that I'm off the clock and still try to help guests that look a bit lost or confused, but they give you the strangest looks when you try to do so out of costume/nametag. :lol:

Mecha Figment

yes i know how you feel you try to do a good dead and people look at you with utter discust . so i don't help anymore when i'm out of costume.

rileyspaw

Question for Cast Members

I have seen CM's handle a number of sticky situations with guests and always with a smile on their faces and politeness to match. Is there a course you take? You deserve alot of credit for handling situations well and not offending guests even when they are wrong.

Mecha Figment

the course is.. go back stage curse like a sailor with your co workers in the break room , get it off your chest and go back out with a smile. :drevil:

tirian

the course is.. go back stage curse like a sailor with your co workers in the break room , get it off your chest and go back out with a smile. :drevil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:sohappy:

I can't tell you how many times I've walked far backstage, muttered, "Idiot!" and walked back on. My job rarely takes me onstage; but I really do get satisfaction out of helping Guests, most of whom are delightful people. But there are always the morons out there who think that everything in the park should belong to them...

Anyway, mostly just the CPs go to the parks everytime they have a day off, because WDW and Wal-Mart are pretty much the only places most of them get to visit for 6 months. :brick: (j/k) Those of us who have been here a while play in the parks several times a month for a much-needed dose of magic, without getting sick of the familiarity.

Personally, I'm in the parks whenever possible, even if it's just to run in, ride one attraction, and leave. (I do this with ToT all the time!)

MansionFan415

I always helped guests when I was in the parks on my days off. Hell, I havn't worked for Disney at all for about 5 years now, and still will help direct those I see are lost...or whatever, I don't mind. It's the nice thing to do.

That one nyght though we had when I was a Guard at Typhoon was great. We got the park all to ourselves for like 4 hours.

CrashNet

It pretty much depends on where you work. Disney wants you to know about the parks and experience them so you can go back and be well-informed when talking to guests. To do that, yes, you do get into the parks on your Employee ID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom