A quest to find details on the Disney Country Bear Jamboree Pinball

B-Mo

Hi, As an ex-arcade mechanic cast member I can tell you that there were several "Themed" custom games that WDI made in 1972 when the critter arcade was built. Some for Teddi Barra's and a few for Country Jamboree pre-show area like "Hoofin Henry" which by the way has been converted to "Dancin Woody" in the Bonanza Outfitters store, still working today.
To answer your question, the 60's "Mini Golf" game that was mentioned earlier was indeed the one used in reference to the "pinball" that the guy mentioned in the video. It was shaped like a pinball but more of a EM (electromechanical) "baseball batter" game themed by WDI. They made several themed games that i wish they still had when i hired in the late 90's. Tedi Barra's closed in 2003-04 to make way for the extended Pooh candy store.
As far as Indy Jones custom pinball, it lost its original space in the now "food dining area" where Indy outpost store resided. it has been retired due to maintenance and was not due to the "gun" reference.
I'm a big fan of these one of a kind WDI themed games and trust me, I wish they were all still in the park. When i worked there i made every attempt to keep the remaining ones alive and working.
Hope that answers some of the questions I read here. - Have a Magical day!

Phroobar

Here is the first Indiana Jones pinball machine complete with Ark topper. I came across one in my search for $15k.
iu

Professortango1

Long ago there was Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade in Bear Country. It was next to the Mile Long Bar along the western flank of the land. I think they closed the arcade in the 1980's around the time Splash Mountain opened. Now it's a Pooh themed gift shop.

I don't remember a pinball machine in the lobby of the Country Bear Playhouse anytime during the 1990's before the show closed in 2001.

I'm betting this pinball machine was in Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade, pre 1990.
The arcade was there until 2003. It left when Pooh was opening. I loved those old games. I remember the quick draw game with the cowboy behind the saloon doors and the bear shooting game in the Frontierland giftshop.

Phroobar

Yup that’s about the going price for one that clean and modified with all the upgrades , very nice!
Pinball machines are very expensive and pain to maintain. Arcade video game cabs are a lot cheaper. One can pick up a Pac-man machine for 2-3K.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Pinball machines are very expensive and pain to maintain. Arcade video game cabs are a lot cheaper. One can pick up a Pac-man machine for 2-3K.
Ripoff price :)

Pins and arcades both have been climbing like crazy in prices in the last 5 years and went meteoric since the pandemic.

B-Mo

The arcade was there until 2003. It left when Pooh was opening. I loved those old games. I remember the quick draw game with the cowboy behind the saloon doors and the bear shooting game in the Frontierland giftshop.
Yes the quick draw cowboy game was called “Johnny Rio” - I worked on him until the Columbine tragedy -pulled him out as well as many other shooting/gun games. Very sad but it was inevitable. Many people still remember that game!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom