A quest to find details on the Disney Country Bear Jamboree Pinball

Pinball Photos LLC

Original Poster
I have watched a couple of documentaries mentioning the existence of a Country Bear Jamboree Pinball custom made by Disney. This machine it's one of a kind. it was at the Country bear Jamboree Store in Disneyland before the attraction closed. Does anyone have any details of pictures about this machine?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.00.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.00.00 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 203

TP2000

I have watched a couple of documentaries mentioning the existence of a Country Bear Jamboree Pinball custom made by Disney. This machine it's one of a kind. it was at the Country bear Jamboree Store in Disneyland before the attraction closed. Does anyone have any details of pictures about this machine?

Long ago there was Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade in Bear Country. It was next to the Mile Long Bar along the western flank of the land. I think they closed the arcade in the 1980's around the time Splash Mountain opened. Now it's a Pooh themed gift shop.

I don't remember a pinball machine in the lobby of the Country Bear Playhouse anytime during the 1990's before the show closed in 2001.

I'm betting this pinball machine was in Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade, pre 1990.

britain

Nice video - that 'Golfing Big Al' is making me think this may be 'pinball' but nothing like what you'd think of as a pinball machine today. More akin to the baseball diamond game in the Penny Arcade (uh, is that still there?)

Starcade

No, the Big Al Golfing Game was a more modern version, I played it quite a lot in Terri Barra's. It was a sad day for me when it closed.

It used this basic game, and the player was replaced by Big Al using a Guitar as golf club.

That looks like the one to me, I vividly remember the Big Al figure. Was there also a customized game using the Splash Mountain characters? I recall that right when you walked in there was that shootout game where the saloon doors would open and a dark-haired, bearded, gunfighter would insult you until you successfully out-drew him. Towards the back there was a Mad Dog McCree game (this is in the 90’s) and an old Bally Gun Smoke shooting game.
gunsmok5.jpg

Dear Prudence

Long ago there was Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade in Bear Country. It was next to the Mile Long Bar along the western flank of the land. I think they closed the arcade in the 1980's around the time Splash Mountain opened. Now it's a Pooh themed gift shop.

I don't remember a pinball machine in the lobby of the Country Bear Playhouse anytime during the 1990's before the show closed in 2001.

I'm betting this pinball machine was in Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade, pre 1990.
There was a Splash Mountain game in the arcade, too, but it was more like one of those old baseball games. I was terrible at it, but it didn't stop me. I have very vivid memories of torturing the adults by making them watch me play (and fail) over and over again. It was my money, so they couldn't say anything.

TP2000

They have that game in the Museum of Pinball in Banning.

Is that any relation to a giant pinball museum/arcade thing they used to have in Las Vegas?

This was maybe 15 years or more ago. I was in charge of teenage nephews for the day, and instead of boring them with the Hoover Dam tour or sneaking them into a strip club for the matinee, somehow Uncle TP2000 found out there was a "pinball museum" in Vegas. It was east of the airport a couple of miles as I remember, in an unglamorous part of town.

They had over a hundred machines in there from various decades. Not all of 'em pinball, quite a few shooting range games or weird novelties as we've discussed here. Plus a few rows of 1980's video games. I gave them each a $10 roll of quarters, and we had a blast for a couple hours. They still talk about that field trip, and they're now in their early 30's. (If I'd bribed their way into a strip club for the matinee instead, we couldn't talk about it today at the Thanksgiving table in front of their mom and their wives. Might've been a better story though.)

Did that Vegas place shut down when the rent got too high and they moved to Banning? Or is there really two pinball museums in the Desert Southwest?

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Is that any relation to a giant pinball museum/arcade thing they used to have in Las Vegas?

This was maybe 15 years or more ago. I was in charge of teenage nephews for the day, and instead of boring them with the Hoover Dam tour or sneaking them into a strip club for the matinee, somehow Uncle TP2000 found out there was a "pinball museum" in Vegas. It was east of the airport a couple of miles as I remember, in an unglamorous part of town.

They had over a hundred machines in there from various decades. Not all of 'em pinball, quite a few shooting range games or weird novelties as we've discussed here. Plus a few rows of 1980's video games. I gave them each a $10 roll of quarters, and we had a blast for a couple hours. They still talk about that field trip, and they're now in their early 30's. (If I'd bribed their way into a strip club for the matinee instead, we couldn't talk about it today at the Thanksgiving table in front of their mom and their wives. Might've been a better story though.)

Did that Vegas place shut down when the rent got too high and they moved to Banning? Or is there really two pinball museums in the Desert Southwest?
You are talking about the "Pinball Hall of Fame". Lots of really interesting machines there like you mentioned, not just pinball but loads of physical/mechanical games.

They are still around and moved closer to the strip actually just last year.

Phroobar

It was a different place. They had 1200 pinball and 700 arcade machines. They recently closed and were replaced with a marijuana farm.

download.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom