A possibly dumb question ahead.

Walt Disney1955

In days gone by Disney had staff that 'took care' of those issues quietly. Ever wonder why there wasn't the bird problems when you were eating in the good 'ole days. Why geese never seemed to winter on WDW property? It is more difficult these days to accomplish what needs to be done now and then. Every person is carrying a cell with video capabilities, itch'n to post it to YouTube.

DH has seen the gators on the golf courses.

The problem is that the people who would take pictures of a gator being "disposed" of and screaming animal cruelty would be the same ones who would sue Disney if they were ever bitten by one. I have no issue with the Disney staff doing an Old Yeller impersonation on a gator that is on the property. For crying out loud people all these things end up being is our wallets, get over it! Much better than getting eaten.

dopeylover

I have to take issue with that big one in the culvert on the side of the causeway. The reason? Over a number of years, different trips and sometimes spacious time spans between trips that fellow is always there. The bus drivers always see it and point it out. Me thinks that there is something fishy about that Space Center one.:confused:

I suppose that it is possible that there might be one in the land based Jungle Cruise, but the indoor rides have their water source separated from the outside influence. And even it they did get in I doubt they would stay very long...there's enough chemical in those waters to fell a whole herd of them.:)

That is truly very reassuring, thank you. :)

jharvey

I've seen one in or around the resorts every time I've gone! Each time I'm on a water ride, I think about what could be lurking right next to me and I freak myself out...I know the chances are slim to none, but that darn water is so dark in POTC, it's one of the first thoughts in my head. :eek: :D

wanna guess what ride I was looking forward to riding until I read this post. No, guess..... Geez.

Rasvar

I saw a gator swimming in Bay Lake this week. I'm sure s/he will be relocated at some point. I'm a Floridan and really don't think a whole lot about gators since I see them all the time. I've seen them on the interstate, golf course and my back yard. They really won't bother you if you don't bother them or feed them.

DABIGCHEEZ

Just got around to loading some of my recent pics from last month at SSR...

100_7158.jpg

100_7163.jpg

DABIGCHEEZ

Trying to post a crappy video of the gator as well... but I can't seem to do it the video shows directly in the post... a little help please.

flynnibus

Premium Member
play golf or move anywhere near the wooded edges and you're bound to see them. Saw them frequently along the road+ditch that ran to the SoG site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom