A plug for the touringplans "reservation finder" ADR tool

Minnie1986

The reservation finder is of no use to me if it can't book the reservation for me (yeah, I know this isn't possible but...). You have to book the ADR as soon as you get the text/email or it's no good. Three separate times I got a message for around 5:00pm for BOG (I was looking to modify my original time of 9:45 pm) and it was gone by the time I saw each message. I ended up finding a cancelled 5:00pm ADR on my own after looking everyday for two months. If I'm sleeping and wake up at a certain time and the message comes through five minutes before I wake up, the ADR time most likely will NOT be there once I check it. The problem isn't just finding the ADR, it's actually getting to BOOK it. It doesn't matter if I'm watching it like a hawk while I'm awake. It never fails that it will happen while I'm sleeping. Not complaining but I can't see the point of it if I can't see it on time to book it.
I definitely understand your frustration. The same thing has happened to me numerous time. The best and really only thing you can do is to keep trying. I believe the point of the reservation finder is just to give you an additional advantage.

nickys

Premium Member
The reservation finder is of no use to me if it can't book the reservation for me (yeah, I know this isn't possible but...). You have to book the ADR as soon as you get the text/email or it's no good. Three separate times I got a message for around 5:00pm for BOG (I was looking to modify my original time of 9:45 pm) and it was gone by the time I saw each message. I ended up finding a cancelled 5:00pm ADR on my own after looking everyday for two months. If I'm sleeping and wake up at a certain time and the message comes through five minutes before I wake up, the ADR time most likely will NOT be there once I check it. The problem isn't just finding the ADR, it's actually getting to BOOK it. It doesn't matter if I'm watching it like a hawk while I'm awake. It never fails that it will happen while I'm sleeping. Not complaining but I can't see the point of it if I can't see it on time to book it.

Yeah, you do have to be prepared for some frustration. I kept getting the same time through for Sci Fi even when I tried to tweak the times a bit. But it did get me BOG breakfast, Xmas Day Chef Micky and others. I had to rely on emails, but I found that was OK. They would arrive at some point in the early hours EST which meant when I got up at 6:30 UK time (1:30 am EST) it was possible to grab some of them. Just luck really but if you keep trying you can often get what you want. The searches are done over in the Far East somewhere and not at set times, so emails and texts can arrive at varying times.

OliveMcFly

This is one of my favorite tools. Just last week I got the alert that BOG opened for breakfast and I grabbed it. I even use it when family and friends have a trip booked.

I have to say, we got lucky with Touring Plans' reservation finder as well. I really wanted a BOG lunch but was willing to settle for a BOG early breakfast on a non-EMH day. Well, at 180d (early June), all I could get was an 8am breakfast...on an EMH day. :( But I set up the reservation finder and mouse dining. A few weeks later, I got an alert from reservation finder that there was 10am breakfast at BOG, so I snagged it! And then, just last Friday, I got a text from reservation finder that an 11:40am lunch was available! BINGO!!! I think the key to success is once you get the text/email, you have to IMMEDIATELY use the link they provide to book the reservation. If you wait even a few minutes, it'll probably be gone. It might mean keeping your cell phone near you at all times, but if you really want that reservation, it's worth it!

Of note, mouse dining never once pinged me to show there was any availability!

wdw93

I am a touring plans subscriber and was not aware of this service. I used it this week to set up a search for a Tusker House breakfast reservation. I received an alert this morning and have a reservation. It certainly pays to check the forum posts, I learn something new every time. Thank you to all who share your tips.

The_Jobu

It's a great idea, but so far everytime it finds a reservation and contacts me, it's gone by the time the link opens.

nickys

Premium Member
It's a great idea, but so far everytime it finds a reservation and contacts me, it's gone by the time the link opens.

Do you know the link only works once? So if you can’t get the reservation through the link then log on and check through MDE instead - there may still be an opening.

And I assume you realise you need to restart the search after a text/email.

Keep trying!

The_Jobu

Do you know the link only works once? So if you can’t get the reservation through the link then log on and check through MDE instead - there may still be an opening.

And I assume you realise you need to restart the search after a text/email.

Keep trying!

Yup and yup, but thanks for the advice. :)

The process goes like this: get the email, click the link, reservation is gone, check again on Disneyworld.com, nothing available, restart the search, wash rinse repeat.

nickys

Premium Member

The process goes like this: get the email, click the link, reservation is gone, check again on Disneyworld.com, nothing available, restart the search, wash rinse repeat.

Good luck. What restaurant are you looking for? Somewhere (probably on TP) @lentesta wrote that something like 80% of requests are for the same 6 restaurants, which is why this is affordable as a free tool. I guess your chances are better if you request a different restaurant!

The_Jobu

Good luck. What restaurant are you looking for? Somewhere (probably on TP) @lentesta wrote that something like 80% of requests are for the same 6 restaurants, which is why this is affordable as a free tool. I guess your chances are better if you request a different restaurant!

I could try at an easier restaurant, but if I wanted that, I wouldn't need the tool in the first place!

c'est la vie, such is Disney.

nickys

Premium Member
I could try at an easier restaurant, but if I wanted that, I wouldn't need the tool in the first place!

c'est la vie, such is Disney.

Oh, it was just a comment, not a suggestion!

I would put money on 3 of the most popular are CRT, BOG and Ohara. After that it’s trickier. The hardest one for me (as in the one that took longest to find) was Sci Fi. Then Beaches and Cream.

The_Jobu

Oh, it was just a comment, not a suggestion!

I would put money on 3 of the most popular are CRT, BOG and Ohara. After that it’s trickier. The hardest one for me (as in the one that took longest to find) was Sci Fi. Then Beaches and Cream.

I know these things can open up as you get closer to the date as reservation squatters change their minds, so I'm hoping for a little luck closer to the date.

The4mousekeeters

Thanks for the heads up! I was just able to get an earlier time for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and it helped with the plan for the entire day. 😊😊👏🏼👏🏼

bluejasmine

TP just helped me get an earlier SCI FI time for son and his gf so he doesnt have to miss the star wars show, It helped me get CHef Mickeys for daughter and grandson too

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

I don't ever use the link. I get the alert and hop straight to the app. Maybe try that next time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom