A Pictorial Of An Abandoned Anaheim Resort District - How Does It Recover?

smooch

This pilot has been doing flyovers around LA county to show the effects of the coronavirus. With the almost non-existant air traffic, he was able to get a fly through under ATC direction through the Disneyland TFR.

Thank you for sharing this, this is an incredible view of the park. I really love aerial shots of the park because I love to see how effectively they utilize sight-lines to hide things from the park. Obviously we're all aware they use these techniques because we know how small the park is geographically, but seeing like the buildings of Galaxy's Edge cut in half and the DLRR on the other side is such a cool look. I also really like seeing the big showroom buildings for rides attached to the facades.

TP2000

Original Poster

This pilot has been doing flyovers around LA county to show the effects of the coronavirus. With the almost non-existant air traffic, he was able to get a fly through under ATC direction through the Disneyland TFR.

Well, shoot.

And I thought I was so clever by standing in the middle of an empty Harbor Blvd. for that glamour shot. :oops:

But where the heck was this guy a year ago when we wanted video of Star Wars Land?!?

Last edited:

Robbiem

great video. So strange to see Disneyland looking like this. Is the carousel covered by a tent or is it the teacup?

TP2000

Original Poster
The carousel is. The Haunted Mansion is still covered up too. It is like they made no progress.

Yup. And it proves the rumors that all work has stopped on all construction in the parks, whether it's a simple refurbishment of the Carousel or the construction of new E Tickets in Toontown and Marvel Land.

All work at Disneyland has stopped entirely, as if the park was frozen in time on March 15th, 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom