Trip Report A Photograph Is Worth a Thousand Posts: Disneyland in Monochrome

A photographic journey of Disneyland, captured entirely in monochrome.

12785616553_dd2b6974f0_b.jpg

12785938154_c7bf13e464_b.jpg

12785512135_d0e06e3d3a_b.jpg

12785615743_325f6c8512_b.jpg

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

How did I not see this sooner??? Your pictures are AMAZING. I felt like I was back in the days where Disneyland was first open (even though I've never been to Disneyland so I don't even know what it feels like to be there) but your pictures make me feel like I was. I really really love this!

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Man, came back into this link for some nostalgia and almost brought a tear to the eye.

Well, I am trying to come back to the forum slowly. My whole world changed recently and its starting to come back from its shattered pieces.

One day I woke up and said to myself, "I can't do this anymore".

I studied art in college and let that part of me slowly fade away. I had a decent job, a wife, all that jazz. We went to the world numerous times across a 5 year period and I decided to change things up. I quit my job, enrolled in graduate school, spent 2 long and hard (and unemployed years) tuning my vision and craft as a photographer. Well, after two years I walk tomorrow in my commencement and I have landed a full time job teaching photo.

Now, I'll have the summer off (and a few other weeks as well) along with my wife who also teaches.

Back to having some expendable income to make it back to the world.

Miss it there, missed this place.

PacNWTigger

Those pics are pretty darn amazing! I love some of the angles for your shots for a different perspective. I'm glad you'll be able to make it back to the world soon. Congrats on your graduation too!!

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
How did I not see this sooner??? Your pictures are AMAZING. I felt like I was back in the days where Disneyland was first open (even though I've never been to Disneyland so I don't even know what it feels like to be there) but your pictures make me feel like I was. I really really love this!

Thanks, I wish I had more to share.

amjt660

Premium Member
Amazing report and pictures
I am glad that you took the leap of faith, followed your heart and are now reaping the benefits with your commencement and your new job.

but I just have to say I am the only one that thinks it is ironic to take B/W pictures of a show called World of Colour???;);)

I know, my brain works differently than most.

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom