A/P and Magic Your Way-advice please

wildbill

HELP!!!

"Houston I have a problem"

I bought an annual pass for myself so I could get the A/P rate for our room and so we could purchase the Disney Dining Experience discount card. I saved $182 on the room by spending an extra $180 for the annual pass then only spent $50 for the DDE which will give us 20% off most of our meals. Made great money sense to me :):). I will now buy 8 day MYW parkhopper passes for my wife and kid.

Now the problem.

If I understand the Magic Your Way I won't be able to ride with my family to the parks and will have to obtain my own transportation :(:(:(.

What should I do?
Can I ride with my family even though all I have is an A/P?
Buy a 1 day MYW pass for $63.64 so I can use their transportation?
Hire a taxi just for me? I think they run about $40 each way-is that correct?
Get a towncar for me? They run about $85 round trip.
Get a towncar everyone and let the MYW handle our luggage? Can we do this? Not sure if we could send our luggage with Disney but not take their transportation.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Bill

Robfasto

wildbill said:
If I understand the Magic Your Way I won't be able to ride with my family to the parks and will have to obtain my own transportation :(:(:(.

Bill

Disney Transportation to and from the parks is included with your Annual Pass.
So you won't have a problem there.

Are you talking about from Orlando International to your Resort?

Upvote 0

Robfasto

Not a problem, that is what I was thinking but wanted to be sure.

Since I never fly when going to Florida I haven't kept up to speed on the details. I am not sure but I would imagine that transportation would be for those on your Reservation and not your Admission Tickets. I am sure someone here can provide you a clearer answer. You could always call your travel agent or straight to Disney to see how it would work.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

wildbill said:
HELP!!!

"Houston I have a problem"

I bought an annual pass for myself so I could get the A/P rate for our room and so we could purchase the Disney Dining Experience discount card. I saved $182 on the room by spending an extra $180 for the annual pass then only spent $50 for the DDE which will give us 20% off most of our meals. Made great money sense to me :):). I will now buy 8 day MYW parkhopper passes for my wife and kid.

Now the problem.

What should I do?
Can I ride with my family even though all I have is an A/P?
Buy a 1 day MYW pass for $63.64 so I can use their transportation?
Hire a taxi just for me? I think they run about $40 each way-is that correct?
Get a towncar for me? They run about $85 round trip.
Get a towncar everyone and let the MYW handle our luggage? Can we do this? Not sure if we could send our luggage with Disney but not take their transportation.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Bill

I believe you are confusing several resort benefits together.

All Disney Tickets (both Magic Your Way Theme Park tickets and Annual Passes) include unlimited use of Disney Transportation to take you from theme park to theme park, and from parks to resorts on Disney property. To use Disney transportation simply hop onto the bus marked with the desination of your choice.

As a Disney Resort Guest, (regardless of who or how you booked your stay or what discounts you may be on) can enjoy the "Disney Magical Express" transportation from the Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort Hotel.

To use Disney's Magical Express -
1. You must be flying into and/or out of Orlando International Airport (any Airline)
2. You must be staying at a Disney owned and operated resort (Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green, or the Downtown Disney Offical Hotel Plaza Hotels are excluded)
3. Your flight dates must match your resort stay dates, however one way transfers are available if you are staying in Orlando beyond your Disney stay.
4. You must book the transfer at least 21 days prior to arrival using the same source you used to book your Disney Resort stay. (ie, if you used a travel agent to book your room, you must also book the transfer with your travel agent.)
5. You and your luggage must used this service, (for homeland security purposes, luggage only tranfers are not allowed.)

I hope this eases your concerns and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom