A new set of River Country Pics

NowInc

First off: No one died. Dailymail once again proving why they are the equivalent of toilet paper.

Second: This isn't news or rumors. Its been closed and "abandoned" for a while now. Only people who see it are those who sneak in and end up getting rightfully banned for doing so. This "Photographer" is embellishing largely to try and get attention to his less than stellar photos.

Third: The "Photographer" in question may want to rethink his approach, especially when infringing on the term "Dismaland".

In recent months, there has been security posted at River Country with the sole purpose of discouraging all these wannabe urban explorers from sneaking in there. One or Two did it a few years ago and then every "adventurer" with a camera and a dream followed suit thinking they were being daring.

Timekeeper

Not all "urban explorers" are also good photographers. I think these photos demonstrate a degree of quality above your typical teenage tresspasser. There was clearly some effort put forth in their composition beyond the typical 'hurry up and snap a few shots before we're caught' photos that we usually see online.

As for Dismaland, there's nothing more ironic than "infringing" on Banksy.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
from the article: "Lawless hopes his photos bring awareness to the issue of a huge corporation like Disney failing to clean up what they left behind"
Exactly what type of "awareness" is needed here? I would truly love to know if the author plans to do anything beyond this article in terms of creating the "awareness" he so desperately seeks.

"Lawless wants to know why a powerful company like Disney hasn't cleaned up after its old park"
Seriously? GTFOH. Would he be demanding these answers and claiming conspiracy if he had not been caught and booted out.

This author is no different from all these yahoos that go to a political rally looking to cause trouble but claim they are just "protesting". Then,when they get in trouble or hurt, they claim they are a victim.

glvsav37

I like how the article says he claims he legally rented a Disney boat...that doesn't mean you're legally permitted to step onto grounds that are closed off to you. Apparently he doesn't understand what that meant.

And used a Drone to take the photos. Drone use is not allowed on WDW property. Rules? They don't pertain to me...

But hey, he legally rented the boat, so I guess thats good enough.

I'm with the others, who cares if its there rotting. I'd rather them spend the money improving parts of the property we are supposed to visit.

Very cool pictures though.

Timekeeper

I heard that it will become a lot used to store vehicles that are towed on-property due to being in violation of resort parking rules and regulations.

He's coming for you. You know who you are...

c809334822f1258fe212b3a65ab95839.jpg

Mater Country - Coming Soon

Bartattack

And used a Drone to take the photos. Drone use is not allowed on WDW property. Rules? They don't pertain to me...

yeah, he probably mentioned that to say "hey look, I didn't trespass...I just used a drone"... nice try.
In fact some of the pictures look like they would be near impossible to take with a drone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom