A new name and a new land for Disney's Hollywood Studios

mharrington

Original Poster
In a past thread, I've created a thread to create a new name for Disney's Hollywood Studios, so as to distance itself from the "studio" identity that it still has, because I feel that unless it at least looks like a studio, then it shouldn't be that. Even Universal Studios Florida still uses its facilities for filming, even if it's not for anything worthwhile, such as wrestling or the powerball.

Anyway, that's why I've finally come up with something: Disney Cinemagic Kaleidoscopia Park, which is all about cinema and is a whirl of various themes. This name would also be applied to Walt Disney Studios Paris, as well, now known as Disney Cinemagic Kaleidoscopia Paris, naturally.

I've also thought of a new land for the park, somewhat based on Fantasy Springs, but more so on the mysterious English gardens subsection coming to Paris, which will have a teacups-style ride themed to "Tangled", with boats and lanterns.

This new land will be called Fantasy Hills, a fantasy version of Beverly Hills. In addition to the "Tangled" ride, the land will also be home to a few new things as well. It will go over where the Animation Courtyard is right now, which sadly means that Voyage of the Little Mermaid and (less sadly) Star Wars Launch Bay will be no more.

Twilight_Roxas

What about the Tokyo Disneyland trackless attraction Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast? Would that be part of Fantasy Hills?

Last edited:

Andrew25

I don't know about that. Any name change in Florida, I want to give to Paris as well. Hollywood Adventure will never do in Paris.

Walt Disney Studios Park is actually a decent name, just had its name ruined by the quality of the park. At WDW you have to keep Hollywood or Studios in the name since tourists can get themselves confused.

mharrington

Original Poster
Walt Disney Studios Park is actually a decent name, just had its name ruined by the quality of the park. At WDW you have to keep Hollywood or Studios in the name since tourists can get themselves confused.
All the more reason to try and find a name to use for both parks, especially since neither function as a working studio. Such a concept was abandoned early on in Florida's case, and in Paris, it was never a thing at all.
I think Hollywood Studios could change to either Cinematic Kingdom, Movie Kingdom or Hollywoodland. Parc Walt Disney Studios would work well as Parc Cinemagique if you ask me (a great reference to a lost attraction).
No, there are at least two parks with the name "kingdom" already. "Kaleidoscopia" is at least honest about this being the "miscellaneous" park, but in a majestic way.

TheSorcerersApprentice

All the more reason to try and find a name to use for both parks, especially since neither function as a working studio. Such a concept was abandoned early on in Florida's case, and in Paris, it was never a thing at all.

No, there are at least two parks with the name "kingdom" already. "Kaleidoscopia" is at least honest about this being the "miscellaneous" park, but in a majestic way.
I personally believe that in WDW's case the term Kingdom doesn't really create redundamcy though, but instead more cohesiveness between what the parks represent. However, I can see what you mean. I don't think Disney could ever really sell a name with Kaleidoscopia in it though, it seems more like a term they might throw in once they try to describe the theming or concept of the park in promo. Maybe 'Adventure', 'Worlds', or 'Realms' would be easier.

mharrington

Original Poster
I think you have to use Hollywood in the title somehow. It's become synonymous with the word. It might feel really weird with another word.

I want to use a name that can also be used in Paris as well (just with the word "Paris" in the park name obviously). You can't really do that with the word "Hollywood", given the reputation that America as a whole has in France.

Goofy Ninja

I want to use a name that can also be used in Paris as well (just with the word "Paris" in the park name obviously). You can't really do that with the word "Hollywood", given the reputation that America as a whole has in France.

Hollywood is known throughout the whole world.

mharrington

Original Poster
Hollywood is known throughout the whole world.

Just because it's well-known, doesn't mean it's well-liked. Do you really think that France would like something called "Hollywood" in its country, given the reputation France has as anti-American?

Many people balked at the idea of Disneyland Paris being put in. At least one person deemed it a "cultural Chernobyl". I'm trying to tread lightly here with the name change, but I also want to get away from the word "studios" in the name, because it's not a literal studio anymore (and probably never was, in Paris' case). I'm trying to pick a name that reflects its "dumping ground" nature without being so obvious, plus hopefully not cause offense to the French, but everything I come up with is dismissed as too difficult to understand.

I'm trying to achieve several goals at once with the name change:

1) Get rid of the "studio" name, because it's not a literal studio anymore
2) Keep Hollywood out of the name
3) Make sure that the French are not offended (or more offended)
4) Come up with something that's not so obvious about it being a "dumping ground" or a "miscellaneous" park

I personally believe that in WDW's case the term Kingdom doesn't really create redundamcy though, but instead more cohesiveness between what the parks represent. However, I can see what you mean. I don't think Disney could ever really sell a name with Kaleidoscopia in it though, it seems more like a term they might throw in once they try to describe the theming or concept of the park in promo. Maybe 'Adventure', 'Worlds', or 'Realms' would be easier.

But "realm" is almost the same thing as "kingdom". If it had "kingdom" in the name, then for the sake of consistency, EPCOT would technically have to be called "EPCOT Kingdom", too.

mharrington

Original Poster
You could always put "Movie" or "Cinema" in the title. This way it doesn't have to be affiliated with the "Studio" or "Moviemaking".

I've thought about "Cinemagic". It was in the new name, along with "Kaleidoscopia". I've thought about "Cinemagic Adventure", but I just thought that was too simple, bland and on-the-nose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom