A New Movie Ride (Disney Themed)

OG Runner

Original Poster
This is a suggestion to Imagineering. I am interested what people may think. I think the Little Mermaid Show in Disney Studios
should be replaced with a new Great Movie Ride. (Disney addition) I believe that building could house the ride, though they may lose a gift shop. The ride would be Disney movies through the year with the scenes accompanied by the music from those movies. I do not
think the show would be missed given their is a Little Mermaid ride in the Magic Kingdom.

Disney Dad 3000

I would be all for a new Great Movie Ride. Will try to not start ranting about how short sided it was to close the original instead of just updating with a few Disney films for those they couldn't or didn't want to obtain licensing for.

I will say, I think that VotLM plot would be tough to do something on the scale of the original version using the traveling theatre system. You'd have to make it on a much smaller scale, with a shortish dark ride. The OG was pretty large. MMRR doesn't use nearly all of the space from GMR.

Which Disney movies would you want to see added/included?

MickeyMouse10

I would love that, I am a big GMR fan. Like DD3000 said it was a mistake and a shortsighted decision to close it. They obviously were thinking about money when they got rid of it. Less animatronics to fix and more t-shirts to sell.

Much like Epcot, Hollywood seems to be going too much away from it's original theming. I proposed the following in the past...

Old​
New​
Footlight Parade​
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs​
Singin' in the Rain​
Bedknobs and Broomsticks​
Mary Poppins​
Mary Poppins​
The Public Enemy​
Dick Tracy​
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Who Framed Roger Rabbit​
The Searchers​
The Rocketeer​
Alien​
Raiders of the Lost Ark​
Raiders of the Lost Ark​
Predator​
Tarzan and His Mate​
Alien​
Casablanca
Star Wars​
Fantasia
Guardians of the Galaxy​
The Wizard of Oz
Hocus Pocus​

Last edited:

The Great Gonzo

It would have been good if the Mickey ride would have gone there and GMR stayed where it was. But that's not an option I'll take a new GMR some where else.

Miru

I would love that, I am a big GMR fan. Like DD3000 said it was a mistake and a shortsighted decision to close it. They obviously were thinking about money when they got rid of it. Less animatronics to fix and more t-shirts to sell.

Much like Epcot, Hollywood seems to be going too much away from it's original theming. I proposed the following in the past...

Old​
New​
Footlight Parade​
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs​
Singin' in the Rain​
Bedknobs and Broomsticks​
Mary Poppins​
Mary Poppins​
The Public Enemy​
Dick Tracy​
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Who Framed Roger Rabbit​
The Searchers​
The Rocketeer​
Alien​
Raiders of the Lost Ark​
Raiders of the Lost Ark​
Predator​
Tarzan and His Mate​
Alien​
Casablanca
Star Wars​
Fantasia
Guardians of the Galaxy​
The Wizard of Oz
Hocus Pocus​
Good list! Though I would have included one of the Bleach movies (Disney now owns partial rights to Bleach) to represent foreign cinema, & it’s a little strange there’s no non-WDAS animation, not even Pixar. Hopefully they’ll be included in the cinema montage near the end. I do like how it’s all Disney-owned in some form, to avoid licensing issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom