A lotta disrespect

abu21

Back to the gum issue... Last year at MGM, right outside of the ToT, I stepped in a huge pile of gum! Aarrggghhh.. now that just made me mad. Then when I was winding through the queue area and stopped right before you enter, I stepped aside to tie my shoe and stepped in another wad of gum! Now, that made me really mad! It seems to me that with all the garbage cans strategically placed throughout the parks, people could take the time to walk a few feet and dispose of their nasty refuse in the correct place. Oh well, just thought I'd share. :D

Fossil

Originally posted by magicjay1989
On splash mountain when you go up the second hill by the briar patch (which needs to be repainted along with a lot of other things) there is gum all around you and that is just as disrespectful as runing someones ride because it runins the theming of the ride. There was even gum on one of the AA. It just makes me sick!!! :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

In any amusement park you will have guest that are nasty and like to throw gum in the attraction and what not...but isn't it up to Disney to clean that up so that other guest don't see it.....why is the gum still there to see....Disney is also to blame for not cleaning it up before any guest have time to see it.:hammer:

pan11435

In any amusement park you will have guest that are nasty and like to throw gum in the attraction and what not...but isn't it up to Disney to clean that up so that other guest don't see it.....why is the gum still there to see....Disney is also to blame for not cleaning it up before any guest have time to see it.

Well thats true to a point. However if no one tells anyone then they won't know untill after dark. You would be surprised how quicky that happens. If one person does it and then afterwards one out of every 20 people is stupid and does the same thing within an hour you've got a mess that appears to have been neglected for days. Many of us often forget the numbers of people both good and stupid that fo through a single area of disney in a relatively short time period. And besides even if someone did tell them would you be happy if you had to wait an extra 20 minutes for them to clean it up. I bet the whole mess was gone the next morning.

Fossil

Originally posted by pan11435
Well thats true to a point. However if no one tells anyone then they won't know untill after dark. You would be surprised how quicky that happens. If one person does it and then afterwards one out of every 20 people is stupid and does the same thing within an hour you've got a mess that appears to have been neglected for days. Many of us often forget the numbers of people both good and stupid that fo through a single area of disney in a relatively short time period. And besides even if someone did tell them would you be happy if you had to wait an extra 20 minutes for them to clean it up. I bet the whole mess was gone the next morning.

lol....that's true about holding up a ride to clean gum.....but it should be cleaned up every night and not left there for days on end...get it?:hammer:

pan11435

lol....that's true about holding up a ride to clean gum.....but it should be cleaned up every night and not left there for days on end...get it

Yeah I get it. Thats why I said that it was most likely gone the next morning. I also explaind how with the numbers of people at disney these things can pop up and become a mess in just hours.

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by the-reason
I must say ive never really noticed any gum in a disney attraction,
the only amusment park id go to and it wouldnt bother me seeing
people touching things and putting gum on things is six flags(especially
my local park,Astroworld)my expectations for there are always low

i go to astroworld a lot too... gum is EVERYWHERE!!! the park is like a carnival now, and the teenagers/preteens run amuck! (sp?) anyway, go back to the Myan MindBender, and look at all the gum in the queue line, some of it looks like it has been there for 10 years...

magicjay1989

The side that all the gum is on looks like it would be hard and dangerous to get to if they wanted to clean it. I would also have to agree that all that gum could show up within a hour.

mr snrub

Originally posted by Piebald
I remember a few years ago when I went to WDW with my family...

We were on Splash Mountain and in the log behind us there was a group of oh I'd say middle school kids and one of the kids was just flipping the bird at all the AA's (Why someone would do this? Beats the hell out of me..) and all of a sudden the ride just stopped and a CM came out from I guess an Exit or something and pulled him off. It was great. I guess they take it seriously. As my sailor friend said "I don't curse in Disneyworld, it's just not right" :)

wow! you know it means something when something like that comes from a sailor! (and taht isnt sarcasm)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom