A lotta disrespect

the-reason

Original Poster
Have you ever been to the disney parks,and rode a ride that doesnt have that much of a fear factor or thrill factor,and see a lotta people disrespect it,I have and I HATE it. O.K last friday,
were at the MK and were in line for peter pans flight(rode it for
my 3 year old cousin,first trip for her) after we got out we noticed its a small world was a short line,and so we headed for it.we're
on the boats halfway through the cruise and some people in the
front of the boats started splashing water,standing up trying to touch the scenery,and pulling the edges causing the boat to go faster.Now for me Im getting upset cause I wanted this to be an
enjoyable ride for my cousin,but the people in front are just showing disrespect. For all the WDW rides that are not that exciting to some people(SE, Small world,Snow white etc.)they
try to make it more exciting or thrilling by doing stuff like touching
the animatronics messing up the scenery just to get a good laugh,
well thats bad cause a family of four could be on a ride with their kids,and them and their kids cant enjoy it because some teens who want thrills is messing it up for them

isnt it true:mad: :mad: :brick: :brick:

goonsquads57

Didn't the cast members do anything to the knuckeheads on IASW? I'm sure they have the ability to see what goes on throughout the ride. It would seem to me that that sort of behavior would be grounds for ejection from the park (if not all of WDW). I hate when people misinterpret "freedom of speech, etc." to mean "freedom to act like an idiot and infringe on OTHER peoples rights". I would have been furious.

the-reason

Original Poster
Actually the cast member thats at the top(that usually waves to the little kids and their parents) didnt do or say anything to them
he just wave to them when we got back to the station:veryconfu

JTFerret

This is something which seems to happen with more and more frequency - people do not respect the rights of others. Just because you pay your admission does not give you the right to impose upon other people's right to enjoy their trip.

Grrrrrrr:brick: :mad: :brick: :mad: :brick:

Ash

Wow, how low can people get?

But at the same time, I think IASW could use some cleaning up. Last time I went, I saw a few dolls that weren't working. Of course, these idiots aren't helping much. :rolleyes:

kewlgrl127

Wow...some people are just so rude. I love all the "mountains" at WDW but in my opinion small world, peter pan, snow white etc. are some of the most exciting rides at Disney World. Those are where most of the Disney magic are!! :D :sohappy: :D

wsapooh

Originally posted by goonsquads57
I hate when people misinterpret "freedom of speech, etc." to mean "freedom to act like an idiot and infringe on OTHER peoples rights". I would have been furious.

Too true!! Couldn't agree more!!

amanda

Being a person who likes thrills, i must admit some of disneys rides are a little boring to me and i do admit to saying that, but i've NEVER started touching things and playing around on a ride just to make it more thrilling, if i was one of the people who was on it w/ someone like that i would take it as inconsiderate. after all, everyone is different and we all like different things, so people shouldnt ruin something for somebody else b/c they dont personally like it(whew... got that off my chest:) )

DisneyCP2000

Something similiar happened to me on the Land attraction. The cast member noticed folks in the back kept dipping thier hands in the water and reaching out for things. She got so ed she started lecturing them and saying that she'd get them tossed out of the park if they kept it up. She scared them straight after that. But it ruined the plesant experience of the ride. :(

aim

This is one of the things that bugs me the most! Like, people will touch stuff outside the vehicle or talking throughout the WHOLE attraction. Many times, even on Splash Mountain, people put their hands in the water on the ride. My question, why? I wish people would think before they go about their actions. :hammer:

magicjay1989

On splash mountain when you go up the second hill by the briar patch (which needs to be repainted along with a lot of other things) there is gum all around you and that is just as disrespectful as runing someones ride because it runins the theming of the ride. There was even gum on one of the AA. It just makes me sick!!! :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

the-reason

Original Poster
Wow,Ive never noticed any gum on SplM.Well i Guess I have to say Im glad I didnt or I would have really gotten mad.

(Especially if I saw people putting the gum on the AAs and scenery,Just aint right just aint right):brick: :brick: :brick:

magicjay1989

Its realy hard to miss it is just every where on that ride. Lets make gum at Disney ilegal whos with me!!! (Looks around and see every one has left. :eek: )

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by magicjay1989
Its realy hard to miss it is just every where on that ride. Lets make gum at Disney ilegal whos with me!!! (Looks around and see every one has left. :eek: )
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they sell gum in the Parks for that reason. Of course that doesn't stop someone from bringing in their own.

the-reason

Original Poster
I must say ive never really noticed any gum in a disney attraction,
the only amusment park id go to and it wouldnt bother me seeing
people touching things and putting gum on things is six flags(especially
my local park,Astroworld)my expectations for there are always low

Piebald

I remember a few years ago when I went to WDW with my family...

We were on Splash Mountain and in the log behind us there was a group of oh I'd say middle school kids and one of the kids was just flipping the bird at all the AA's (Why someone would do this? Beats the hell out of me..) and all of a sudden the ride just stopped and a CM came out from I guess an Exit or something and pulled him off. It was great. I guess they take it seriously. As my sailor friend said "I don't curse in Disneyworld, it's just not right" :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom