News A look at the refurbished Monorail Coral on the Walt Disney World Monorail System

junglecruise93

Rode coral and lime while there last week. I believe these are the ‘new trains’ in that it appears they pretty much have had a ‘windows -out repaint’. It appears that the only thing that has not been replaced are all of the plastic panels on the inside - which really did not need replacing. All of the weatherstripping appears new (doors and windows). The door bump stops have been replaced - and now the doors have a solid thunk when they hit the stop as they open. The seal at the door middle is tight and solid.

assuming the parts we can’t see (motors, wiring, everything underneath) was cleaned and updated, I think these are good to go for a number of years. Very impressed with the level of detail.

castlecake2.0

I mean maybe I’m crazy but I distinctively remember all announcements being automated? When did the change take place I know it’s been at least a decade?
The automated announcements are still there, it’s just an additional safety announcement made in person by the pilot reminding you to keep face coverings on (since Covid reopening) and to no lean on the doors (that’s been happening since the door incident).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom