Trip Report A long overdue August 2017 Trip Report

Hello Everyone :), I haven't posted a trip report since 2014 so I am a bit rusty. I had all of the photos for this trip saved in a file marked trip report but I never got back to it, however since I have seen a lot of other people posting older trip reports I was hoping no one would mind if I added mine. This particular trip almost didn't happen because at the time my father was very sick and we were not sure how much longer he would be with us. I talked it over with my parents and my dad encouraged my husband and I to go. I am so glad we did because I have the most wonderful memory of sharing the photos with my father and talking about everything we did.

When: August 14-20, 2017
Where: All Star Sports

We actually left on August 13 and flew to Toronto to stay overnight with my DH's brother and then flew to Orlando the next morning.

001 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

002 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

The next few photos are from the flight on August 14th:

003 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Bye Toronto!
004 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

006 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We arrived and made our way to this beautiful sight (only got lost once ;)).
007 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

DH was ready to go!
008 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

On our way...
009 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
DH really wanted this picture. To be honest so did I.
87 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Time for Star Tours
89 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

90 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I needed a snack after our ride
93 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Then we stopped to watch the Star Wars show projected on the Chinese Theatre.
0091 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

091 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We sat on a bench and took a couple pics before heading out. I love the parks at night. I enjoy being there until the park closes and soaking in every last minute. I am mindful about overstaying our welcome though lol.
91 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

92 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

So you would think after 3 parks in one day we would be done right?
Nope it was such an amazing night with no humidity so we decided to bus to DS and have a late dinner.

We were looking forward to eating here:
94 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

95 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

:hungry:
A great way to end a wonderful day :).

Beastly74

Original Poster
Sunday, August 20th

This was our last full day 😭 and unfortunately I was exhausted. I am guessing it was from the heat. We got up late and went to DS for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express and to do a little more shopping.

01 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

02 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We went back to the resort to drop off our purchases and took a few pics around Sports
04 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0000005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

00005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Spotted this little guy
0005 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Once we got to the room I realized that I really did not feel like going back out-at least not at that time. We had plans to go to HS so I told DH to go without me. At first he didn't want to go but I reassured him that I would be fine and we would meet at MK in a couple hours. I was a bit mad at myself because it was our last day 😟.

I was impressed that he remembered to take pics while he was there.
08 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

24 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

25 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

26 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Before I continue with another update I just wanted to say that the temperature here is currently 88 degrees and 95 with humidity. That may not sound unusual to some of you on this site but to put it in perspective the average temperature here this time of year is 65 😲. It has been unusually hot for the past few days, in fact, I think we broke a record today. Unfortunately it is not going to last as next week the forecast is calling for 55 on Monday 😑. Tomorrow is going to be 80 so I will enjoy it for now. Normally we would not get those temperatures until the end of June. My DH just came out of the computer room complaining about the heat - I told him to shut-up lol.

Beastly74

Original Poster
He also managed to catch a ride on the Rock'n'Roller coaster.
27 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

028 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We met back up at MK later in afternoon. Here I am looking tired but happy.
28 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I forgot to mention that cooling towel made such a difference. I think DH bought it for me at the beginning of day 4.

I took this pic on our way to visit the Haunted Mansion.
29 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

31 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

36 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

39 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

41 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Loco_driver

Before I continue with another update I just wanted to say that the temperature here is currently 88 degrees and 95 with humidity. That may not sound unusual to some of you on this site but to put it in perspective the average temperature here this time of year is 65 😲. It has been unusually hot for the past few days, in fact, I think we broke a record today. Unfortunately it is not going to last as next week the forecast is calling for 55 on Monday 😑. Tomorrow is going to be 80 so I will enjoy it for now. Normally we would not get those temperatures until the end of June. My DH just came out of the computer room complaining about the heat - I told him to shut-up lol.
Haha that sounds like our usual spring weather! It’s been pretty cool here though, probably because it’s raining! I’m with your husband in preferring the cool weather to the heat(I probably live in the wrong place for that, lol)!

Beastly74

Original Poster
Haha that sounds like our usual spring weather! It’s been pretty cool here though, probably because it’s raining! I’m with your husband in preferring the cool weather to the heat(I probably live in the wrong place for that, lol)!
I came home from work today and he was installing the air conditioner even though I warned him that it was going down to 55 on Monday 😏.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
After our snack we had a fastpass for 7DMT

50 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Our cart stopped right in front of the cottage at the end of the ride so we were able to get a decent pic of the witch.
52 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

54 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

57 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

61 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0062 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Our last fastpass was for BTMRR but I have no proof of it 🤷‍♀️. Apparently we were hungry again so we ate dinner at Columbia Harbour House.

62 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

64 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I got the shrimp mac'n'cheese and enjoyed it but when we went back in 2019 I did not see it on the menu.
66 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We got the cobbler for dessert. I think this was blueberry and it was good but I prefer the peach.
65 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Beastly74

Original Poster
Next I made DH go on IASW. He is not a fan lol.

67 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

69 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
I was happy 🤣.

We had a boat all to ourselves
71 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

72 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

73 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

74 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

75 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr
Nooo...that is just cruel Disney especially since it was our last night 😭.

Then we took a flight with Peter Pan.
0078 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

078 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

79 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster

Beastly74

Original Poster
Our last ride of the night and the trip was the Peoplemover. I know we had debated on trying for 1 more ride on 7DMT but decided to stay in Tomorrowland.

I did not realize that DH was taking multiple pics of me on the ride 😒.
104 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

105 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

106 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We snapped a few pictures as we made our way slowly out of MK 😢.
000108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

0108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

108 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

I got a quick blurry pic of the monorail before we jumped on a bus back to Sports.
114 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

We ended the night sitting outside enjoying a sundae.
115 by Tam Beastly, on Flickr

And that brings us to the end of my Trip report. I have to say the heat was not unexpected but I did not realize it would be quite so humid first thing in the morning. A few mornings we stepped out of room and felt like going back inside. However, due to the humidity we took things a lot slower, which made for a much more relaxing trip.
Thank-you to anyone who followed along. I appreciate it ☺.

I have one more trip from last year to share and I look forward to reading more trip reports hopefully in the near future.

lindawdw

I truly enjoyed your TR and thank you for taking the time to post it for us! You certainly did a lot each day that you were there! Our favorite QS restaurant is Wolfgang Puck Express at DS too! We always make sure we get there to enjoy the salmon at least once each trip! The Creme Brule for dessert is also a must have there too!

Beastly74

Original Poster
I truly enjoyed your TR and thank you for taking the time to post it for us! You certainly did a lot each day that you were there! Our favorite QS restaurant is Wolfgang Puck Express at DS too! We always make sure we get there to enjoy the salmon at least once each trip! The Creme Brule for dessert is also a must have there too!
Thank-you :). We are both big fans of WPE. My DH always gets the salmon lol. I like to mix it up some and my preferred dessert is the cheesecake. Although we tried the Polite Pig in 2019 and that is also amazing. I got the maple salmon and it was delicious :hungry:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom